Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I purchased this pristine 2011 SE AWD with only 45,000 miles 2 days ago. The first owner was a widower who took immaculate care of it. Carwash swirls are the only thing keeping it from looking like a brand new car. The interior is amazingly spotless. Nary a scratch or stain. Carpet even looks new. He took it in for service every 3 months regardless of mileage. There were times when he had only put 800-1,000 miles on it. CarFax shows 41 services done in 9 years and 45,000 miles!!! Before I bought it the dealer installed new Continental Cross Contact tires and had recently changed the differential fluid. This vehicle is replacing our 2007 Element SC. It had 115k miles and a small steering rack leak was the only problem we had with it. Love the legendary 2.4L motor and am happy to have it in this CR-V. I am reading here the A/C compressor is a common issue with this generation. Did they have that problem fixed by 2011, the last year this style was made? Currently the A/C works great. My plans are to tint the front windows and clay bar, machine polish and hand wax this little beauty. She will be shining like a new penny when I am done. I looked forward to perusing this forum for ideas and advice!

Reactions: ms3224a and mrtn

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello @BulldogDan

Congrats on your recent find and purchase! The car looks great and I'm sure you will have it shining when you are done with it!

Hope this forum is useful to you and we are glad you are here!
After a clay bar, machine polish, hand wax and paint sealant. The paint had car wash swirls that all but disappeared. My wife saw it out in the sun today and said “Wow! That looks like new!”

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have some dog lover sticker on the back. Need picture of dog. :)
Three of our 4 Boxers. The female is missing. She’s the “alpha” and chose not to be in the picture...lol!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations, you lucked out! How did you find such a gem?

Nice looking car.
I searched Autotrader and found this one less than 60 miles away. The Dealer had reduced the price a couple times as it had been In their pre-owned inventory for 3 months. I couldnt believe no one had bought it. So I rushed up to see it after negotiating online with the internet manager. Talked them down some more and got new tires also. The best used car find I have come across in a long time.

Reactions: Epona

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is it about female boxers? My 52lb female ruled over a 70lb male boxer and a 90lb great Dane.
The aren’t called ”bitches“ by accident...lol

·
Registered
2007 EX-L Front Wheel Drive with Navigation.
641 Posts
Just a comment here since you brought up the ac compressor and that this 3rd generation has had some issues. I have 131,000 miles on my 2007 and my ac blows cold, cold. It is the original compressor. Since you only have 45,000 miles on your ac compressor, you may go a long time with no problems.

I also tell my CRV ( Peggy Sue) how much I appreciate her. Hopefully, she is enjoying those good vibes. 😊

1 - 20 of 20 Posts