Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
MPG could be due to a few things such as the pulley or gutted intake. But a lot of it has to do with using cruise control.

I used the aftermarket foglights but I did not use the switch because it did not fit. It was probably the worst fitment I have ever saw. So what I did was cut up the wiring and kept the fuse to the battery and to the relay harness. When it gets nicer I will post up a picture of what I did to the harness.

Also that is good to know for the Addco sway bar. Did you have to upgrade the rear endlink in anyway?

Also any project has been put on hold for this car right now. I am working on a turbo kit for my car. So wife car has to wait now.

Just a teaser of what I have in store

Twin scroll turbo on a open scroll manifold... Also the turbo charger is a holset hx35w. I think I need to rebuild the turbo. there some play on the shaft. Here some teaser

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Been busy work the other car, but spring break is going to be here. I plan overhauling the CRV brake system. New master cylinder, stainless steel brake lines, 4 new caliper, 4 new rotors, and duralast gold brakes *lifetime warranty FTW*

I will also be changing out the lower control arm because it is pretty jacked right now and is making all kind of clunking noise

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
freshly painted calipers 3/4 so far

stainless steel lines are coming, new master cylinder, and the Duralast gold front and rear ceramic pads and new brake shoes. (lifetime warranty FTW)

hopefully I can get this all done with the lower ball joints, lower control arm, and doing all the A/C work during spring break

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
SS lines and new calipers, rotors, and pads. I also notice that all the rear sway bar endline were completely broken on both ends

the side with the stupid ball joint that won't come out

good driver side with ball joint installed

rear driver side

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
just a FYI autozone has 3-five (555) lower ball joints. These are one of the best non-oem ball joints out there. Made in Japan. I had an issue with the moog ball joint which caused the thread to be destroyed while compressing it with the clamp.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Nice build thisaznboi88! Wish I had some more money to throw on my first gen to either go turbo B20 or VTEC B18C5 cylinder head replacement...

·
Registered
152 Posts
thisaznboi88; It's fun to follow your Thread. You're good with your hands, have a place close by to work when you want to, and know exactly what you want to do. You're getting it done!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
I like to save money :)

Replaced both O2 sensor on the car. So everything is good to go.

I also used modified 9005 bulbs instead of 9006 bulbs for the fog lights. They are super bright now. I must aim them a little down since I was never able to do it correctly with the crappy 9006 that was provided with the amazon kit

I need to go back and check on the thermostat. I think I over torqued (7.5ft/lbs) it and now there is a coolant leak...

Then the rear endlink would be the last time I do since they are completely snapped off

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
215/65-16 GENERAL ALTIMAX RT43. I got the HR series since it had a little bit better rating. Discount tire had 100 off 400. I bought 5 tires and 5 valve stems. final cost for tires and valve stems <400. Labor for mount, balance, and lifetime warranty ~254.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,988 Posts
215/65-16 GENERAL ALTIMAX RT43. I got the HR series since it had a little bit better rating. Discount tire had 100 off 400. I bought 5 tires and 5 valve stems. final cost for tires and valve stems <400. Labor for mount, balance, and lifetime warranty ~254.
Dang, not too bad at all. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
thanks! now I need to see where that coolant is leaking from. I am sure it is leaking from the new thermostat that I just put it. I did not know it was only 7.5ft/lbs. I did hand tight with a 3/8 so that is around 30 ft/lbs. lol

I still need to buy new endlinks for the rear of the car and new rear bushing for the rear sway bar.

Last few things I need to do is replace the driver side axle, and replace both front lower control arms. The bolt is seized so I will probably have to take it to a shop.

41 - 60 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.