Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 · (Edited)
its going to be a while. Some of it needs to be custom modded since the kit was originally from a ep3 civic. Not looking to break records, just around 300 whp/wtq should be good enough for some fun, and it won't attract too much attention like those integra, civic, and rsx.

·
Registered
693 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 · (Edited)
When you actually know what you are doing and not asking stupid question on what octane you need to run, what is a good oil to use, and how to change transmission and differential fluids. This is what you can accomplish when you actually go out and get your hands dirty and learn from your mistake. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
When everyone else is still trying to decide to run 87 or 91 octane on their car..... lol

Got an accord 07 ecu and will convert it with ktuner and runs dual ecu setup on the crv

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dam man you been keeping busy! I haven't been on here in almost a year lol, i have been checking in on new posts and what not but personally haven't done much to my V.

My Propellor shaft took a **** on me so i'm currently only FWD! FTL!

Been having a hard time finding a replacement for a decent price...i'm sure one will turn up haha.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Nice! I posted a comment on running the duel ecu setup. It might be easier for you since you have a mt. But there will be so,e issues since the cel is controlled by the ecu on connector e and also the multiplex is also on connector e unlike the accord ecu which I have no idea where it goes.

Shoot me a pm. I would like to exchange notes on how you wired the aem fic and I’ll send you my notes on the crv and accord ecu. :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 · (Edited)
I have an auto so I can't use the single ecu, and I am not sure if all of the other luxury items will still work. I.E cruise control, A/C, etc. For a Mt car a single ecu might be possible. minus the some of the issues I stated above. Also I am not sure how the gauge cluster will work since it looks like it is controlled by the stock ecu. That why the oem ecu must be retained. This problem is only apparent on the 05-06 crv. the 03-04 MT CRV can use hondata without any modification as long as they use a PPA ecu.

Just adapting what we did in the past to get k-pro to run on the accord since there was not a direct plug and play solution at the time (before k-tuner came out, like 10 years ago)

Ideally this is what each ECU will be able to control/see

Input/output--------------Stock ECU------------------- K-tuner
Crank and cam sensors---Yes------------------------------Yes
Air and Water sensors----Yes------------------------------Yes
Vehicle speed sensor------Yes -----------------------------Yes
OBDII data port-----------Yes
Engine Check light--------Yes
Instrumentation-----------Yes
Air Conditioning--------------------------------------------Yes
Vehicle stability assist------Yes
Drive by Wire--------------------------------------------- Yes
Idle speed control---------------------------------------- Yes
Fuel injectors ---------------------------------------------Yes
Ignition coils ----------------------------------------------Yes
Oxygen sensors-------------------------------------------Yes
Emissions equipment-------------------------------------Yes
VTEC------------------------------------------------------Yes

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
hit a snag with the turbo. It needs a full rebuild (last owner didn't know how to treat it, RTV in the bearing oil galley... wtf?) and a new exhaust housing since it is cracked near the wastegate port...

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,011 Posts
hit a snag with the turbo. It needs a full rebuild (last owner didn't know how to treat it, RTV in the bearing oil galley... wtf?) and a new exhaust housing since it is cracked near the wastegate port...
You should just return it and get another turbo.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.