Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , unfortunately my parked CR-V and two other cars today was hit by a truck's thing to support it on my block here in New York. Hopefully she will be back in shape soon! Anybody have any idea what kind of repairs I may be looking at it. Thanks. The impact was so hard it shifted the three cars out of their parked spaces. Thankfully no one was hurt in all of this.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,535 Posts
That looks really bad. I don't like the wrinkles in the roof line and the obvious compromise of the door and tailgate openings. Just look at the shut lines on both sides of the car.
The trunk etc floor may be as buckled as the roof. Don't open the tailgate. You may not be able to close it again. Hate to say this but possible total.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,135 Posts
If they dont total that make sure you get compensated for diminished value now that its carfax is toast

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,269 Posts
+1 on the total. What a shame! I hate when this happens. Be sure to get your audio stuff out.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow. The damage to your CR-V doesn’t look as bad as to the Rogue but I think both are write offs. I am guessing there’s frame damage and when that happens the insurance will usually wrote the vehicle off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Sorry to hear that. At least no one was injured. I agree with Hankman looks like both vehicles will be written off.

·
Premium Member
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
567 Posts
At least they stopped. How many times has something like this happened only to have the driver that caused it drive off?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guaranteed total. They will harvest engine tranny and any other useful components to keep another crv on the road. Time to go get yourself a new one!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We got sideswiped by (we assume) a lawn service trailer in a parking lot. He didn’t stay. It was $3500 just to replace the lower components on that area. I agree that possible frame damage makes it a write off. Enjoy your new CR-V.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow, that's brutal, especially when it was through absolutely no fault of your own. Sorry that this happened.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Maybe a little Bondo and a rattle can of paint would fix it???? :rolleyes:

Sorry about the loss. To me it does look like it is totaled.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey all , she (the CR-V) will be repaired it is already being repaired actually at the moment, and looks like she will be back on the road towards the ends of the month according to the shop, Thank you.

Reactions: colo_artist

·
Registered
188 Posts
i'd be worried that it leaks water after being hit like that even after repairs, i wonder if the frame got tweaked a little?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,688 Posts
Wow.... talk about a wrecking machine wreaking havoc!!

From the Photo.. it looks totaled to me. That is a wompus amount of damage, on multiple different exterior surfaces.

Though since it is clearly the trucks fault... watch out for their insurance to try to low-ball the repairs on you. If it were me, I would have my insurance company take over all the negotiations with the trucks side of things.... if you have good insurance that does that sort of thing (I do and it has been invaluable in getting proper quality repairs and/or totaled vehicle buyout).

The Nissan Rogue got it even worse.. so it is clearly totaled. The gold car looks like it is quite repairable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The shop that is actually repairing the car has had my CR-V for some dent damage parked also in the street a few years back, so i'm sure I hope it will be okay. Leung82, I hope it doesn't leak! Ha! It was actually raining that day there was no water inside the interior when I opened the trunk and passenger rear door and they were able to close normally. I didn't realize though I had no rental coverage on my insurance though, should I contact that driver's company to pay for my rental or just leave since I can take the bus to work or if really have to drive borrow my other family member's car.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,535 Posts
If you don't need it to get to work, one less problem to pay for.
But ask them for diminution of value of you car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If they dont total that make sure you get compensated for diminished value now that its carfax is toast
Good luck with that.

I was hit by another person a couple years ago and caused $5K in damage which would be enough to show up on CarFax. I knew I'd get screwed when it came time to trade it in and I appealed to the OP's insurance to get diminished value and it was like talking to a brick wall. Never got anything and lost ~ $2K in trade value.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys got the car back today car is running great and feels good to have her back . Feels like having a new car again after not having her for a few weeks. Now it’s just too bad can’t drive her too much with everything going on.

Reactions: newbie99

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,535 Posts
Welcome home CRV!

How much did it all cost in the end?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts