Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I've been complaining to the dealer for months about high oil levels and fuel smell in oil, and kept getting the "never heard of it" and/or "perfectly normal" shuffle.

I decided to just screw it and wait for the motor to explode and let them fix it.

Six weeks ago I had an oil change. Three weeks (1200) miles later I took it back and asked them to check the oil. Of course, level was high and it stunk of gas. They changed the oil at no charge.

Three weeks after that (another 1300 miles) I took it back and asked them to check the oil. High again, and strong gas odor.

They asked me to bring it back in this week so they could get Honda tech on the line. Took it in today...and the first thing they wanted to do was charge me for an oil change. I refused to pay. They called a couple hours later and said Honda told them to change the oil at no charge, replace it with exactly 3 1/2 quarts, take pictures of the before and after levels on the dipstick, have me drive it for a month and bring it back in for them too look at it yet again.

I asked about the recall/service notice, and they admitted that there is now one, but that my VIN doesn't qualify.

Just dandy. I have no choice but to wait it out for another month and see what happens from there.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
So...I've been complaining to the dealer for months about high oil levels and fuel smell in oil, and kept getting the "never heard of it" and/or "perfectly normal" shuffle.

I decided to just screw it and wait for the motor to explode and let them fix it.

Six weeks ago I had an oil change. Three weeks (1200) miles later I took it back and asked them to check the oil. Of course, level was high and it stunk of gas. They changed the oil at no charge.

Three weeks after that (another 1300 miles) I took it back and asked them to check the oil. High again, and strong gas odor.

They asked me to bring it back in this week so they could get Honda tech on the line. Took it in today...and the first thing they wanted to do was charge me for an oil change. I refused to pay. They called a couple hours later and said Honda told them to change the oil at no charge, replace it with exactly 3 1/2 quarts, take pictures of the before and after levels on the dipstick, have me drive it for a month and bring it back in for them too look at it yet again.

I asked about the recall/service notice, and they admitted that there is now one, but that my VIN doesn't qualify.

Just dandy. I have no choice but to wait it out for another month and see what happens from there.
Who is the dealer and what part of the country are you in

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope...didn't miss the thread.

I am in the Midwest, and the dealer is in NW Indiana.

They are aware of the issue, and they were able to run my VIN to see if mine was "included".

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
When you get 'THE FIX" post your results in the Topic on that subject.

No new info here really, so topic is closed.
:uhoh3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.