Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my 2014 CR-V for about 3 weeks and I don’t know if the problems that I’ve been having are normal, or expectant, for it. I haven’t driven on an interstate yet, but it rides real bumpy & sometimes hesitant. It has over 110,000 miles on it

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,470 Posts
Congrats on the car.
Check the service history at a local dealer, did you have a mechanic look it over?

check
tire pressure
Rear diff fluid
Valve adjustment
SparkPlugs
Shocks
Brakes & Brake fluid
Battery

good to knock it out at the beginning vs as they have larger issues

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
WELCOME!

If your car is experiencing steering 'wobble' (is that what you mean by 'riding bumpy'?) and you have a warranty, have the tires checked out.

The maintenance watchpoints mentioned by BoostedV will assure that your V is reliable, and will last for another hundred thousand miles!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELCOME!

If your car is experiencing steering 'wobble' (is that what you mean by 'riding bumpy'?) and you have a warranty, have the tires checked out.

The maintenance watchpoints mentioned by BoostedV will assure that your V is reliable, and will last for another hundred thousand miles!
Thank you. Last week, I had my tires balanced & rotated @ a Honda place. They didn’t mention anything else about it

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If the steering wheel vibrates sometimes it means you have both wheels off balance or warped a little. Not enough to vibrate one at the time but then the rotation difference hits the point were the off-balance on both tires harmonize you will get the wobble.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Th
If the steering wheel vibrates sometimes it means you have both wheels off balance or warped a little. Not enough to vibrate one at the time but then the rotation difference hits the point were the off-balance on both tires harmonize you will get the wobble.
Thank you. The service department, at Rusty Wallace Honda, was supposed to have balanced & rotated the tires. I don’t know how reliable they are.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
Was there ANY difference in the wobble after the tires were rotated?

A bad tire with a shifted belt can be detected at parking lot speeds if it is bad enough. But if not, please answer these questions:

How old are your tires? Search 'tire date codes' at tirerack.com to see how to find, and read them.

Also, you may be advised to find a tire shop that can do 'road force balancing'. Call the dealer and see if they used that method. If not, and the steps below don't find anything, find a tire shop that does.

Finally, you may have wheels that are a bit bent. Many times this is only apparent on the INSIDE of the rim. So ask the dealer for a measurement of 'run out'.

Many of the above issues are most easily felt at around 55 - 70 MPH, is this the case?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was there ANY difference in the wobble after the tires were rotated?

A bad tire with a shifted belt can be detected at parking lot speeds if it is bad enough. But if not, please answer these questions:

How old are your tires? Search 'tire date codes' at tirerack.com to see how to find, and read them.

Also, you may be advised to find a tire shop that can do 'road force balancing'. Call the dealer and see if they used that method. If not, and the steps below don't find anything, find a tire shop that does.

Finally, you may have wheels that are a bit bent. Many times this is only apparent on the INSIDE of the rim. So ask the dealer for a measurement of 'run out'.

Many of the above issues are most easily felt at around 55 - 70 MPH, is this the case?
I wish I knew more about the vehicle & tires.when I bought it, the dealer didn’t tell me anything. After they balanced & rotated the tires, I could tell a little bit of difference. Maybe it’s the back roads that I drive on, I don’t know. I don’t wanna have to keep taking it to Rusty Wallace Honda & make em mad & aggravated at me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts