Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
You put that tire back on this instant mister or your grounded.

I like the blue logos... sweeeeet.

Whyd you get rid of the tire? You've gone to the dark side...

Does that say "horry county" cause if it is, then that is very close to being "whory county" and that sounds liek a wonderful place.

And what does your bumper sticker say on the bottom, I can't read it.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah horry county. sticker says pluff mud: where spot tails play in winyah bay. and ill post what i did with my tire later today or tomorrow. i also relocated my sub and amp. but i have a big project soon, it involves the frame and engine from a v6-v8 jeep, or chevy 2-10/blazer ;)

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
but i have a big project soon, it involves the frame and engine from a v6-v8 jeep, or chevy 2-10/blazer ;)
I expect great things, but I'd pass on the Jeep engine. Those things suck all over the place. I'd go for the S15/S-10 engine idea. Plus, that frame and engine may fit a lot better. I'd go for V8 all the way, cause I've never seen a V6 that balanced out properly, and I don't think it's actually possible for it to do so. I'm going to start building a Chris-craft boat deck style trunk in my V, to mount the subwoofer and capacitor and other stuff. You know waht i mean, liek how people used to do t oold trucks and El-Caminos.

I figure I'd go with that since I have a wood shop and re-do boats anyway, stick to stuff I'm good at, I think it may look sick.

Do I want to know what you did with the spare tire?:D:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Those are some Itty Bitty fog lights:D J/K

You should get a roof basket and mount some driving lights on it. Smooth out the back and get a real bumper and mount the tire on the roof. Thats what I would do If the V didn't have the tire on the back. Except the gen 3 it would just look stupid.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are some Itty Bitty fog lights:D J/K

You should get a roof basket and mount some driving lights on it. Smooth out the back and get a real bumper and mount the tire on the roof. Thats what I would do If the V didn't have the tire on the back. Except the gen 3 it would just look stupid.
you read my mind i was just on the THULE website lol. and all thoes ideas i was looking into...weird...i tell you...the aliens..........lol

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
hahahaha That's not a bad laugh, it's a good one. That's a good idea with the sub and tire placement, it's just an issue now since you need another spare to put on the back of the car to fix it.:mad: hehe. Whatever you want to do I guess. How's the box for that sub sound. I HATE/HATE/HATE particle board, and can never get it to seal correctly, maybe you had better luck. Now clean your trunk and carpet it or something and you got yourself a good idea.

And as for getting rid of the dual, if he means the exhaust, having a single gives a little more backpressure, and is not necessarily a bad thing.

And i spy with my litle eye, a second gen Cr-v parked across the street.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have seen a blue plastic coating thing that youcan put on headlights. I am not sure how legal they are but they may look good and complete the blue without being too ricey.

Also my 11 year old skateboard broke today I got it when I was eight and ever really used it untill last weekend. So I spent $140.00 and bought a new one:D

What is that thing behind your V with the tennis ball on it? Is it a CB Radio?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
It does look liek a CB radio antenna, the tennis ball probably so it doesn't wap against the window all the time. It'd be cool if you put an antenna hook on the roof, so you could wrap it forward onto the roof like on dune buggy's.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Particle board is a no go. I don't know if you just made a flat pice of wood and mounted on the tub, but that really doesn't work as I've seen on other people's V's around. The particle board also doesn't help. For my V I made a box out of MDF as little as I could make it, using several angles to utilize all the space in the tub and still redirecting the air 3 times before it left the box. I managed to pull 1.25 Cubic feet inside (not counting the passive angles) but it took me about 2 weeks to finish building.

As for your tire, I like the idea, but you should mount it up at an angle towards the rear door, that way it is more of a display, and will look intentional, because as it sits now, it just looks like you threw the tire in the trunk. Not enough hover really, and I know visibility would probably be an issue, but it's just an idea. Or you could go real gutsy and mount the tire on the hood with straps like the older range rovers and stuff.:)

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haha you reminded me of some older black man i saw (i said black just for a mental picture) driving a 1989 chevy silverado long bed, it was a POS and on his tool box he had two marine speakers mounted facing backwords, hooked up to i suppose his stero. can you say tailgate party? i have a 50wat cone speaker loud speaker,im looking for a in line amp to add 2nd speaker and to up the signal coming from my cobra CB/PA

1 - 20 of 51 Posts