Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have this brand new Honda CRV 2018 over a year ago. I have the original USB-C cable connected to the port ll the time. to connect to my Samsung S9+ with both HondaLink as well as Android Auto w/Waze Apps installed. Several months ago, I started seeing the some moisture warning with the USB cable. Like I said, it is the original cable with the Samsung S9- rarely disconnected, park my car in the garage all the time.

Couple of months back, both Apps started experiencing issues. HondaLink failed to connect, "connecting .... " message solid all the time on the phone and Android Auto could not connect to the car. Usually, when I plug in the USB cable to the phone, it would automatically show 'Android Auto' on the dashboard.

I switched the USB cables, nothing seems to work, Honda dealer would not entertain any suggestions or diagnosis, blaming the phone and the App. The attached is the massage I get when I attempt to use Android Auto App. I have removed the HondaLink sometime ago because the "connecting..." massage won't go away unless I reboot my Samsung/Android.

I could not change any settings through the 'Smart Phone connection' setting on any selections there. Please advice.

Thanks
Khin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Go to another dealer and have them replace, if they wont call honda corporate and open a ticket.
Then order and swap the part yourself, if that solves it tell them you want to be reimbursed for the part plus $60/hr labor like they are lol

Sidebar.. use my plug and port daily for 2yrs and no issues!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts