Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2020 CR-V hybrid Executive trim Premium Chrystal Red Metallic
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I collected our hybrid, part/exchanging the white Diesel. A few pics before I the paperwork was done and before I was able to 'magic-carpet-ride' the noiseless machine to our house. First miles this afternoon: very, very comfortable.

The last pic shows the big(...) difference between the 'normal' petrol cars and the hybrid.

BTW: Did you know about the 'car wash modus' of the drivetrain?

Menno

Attachments

The. Admin. Istrator.
Hearty congrats!!

Nice and shiny!

Without question, you will enjoy this car to the endless-degree. Delighted for you 馃憣

Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
You will not be disappointed. Great car especially in the red.

Car wash modus. Maybe missed that one.

Is the window hammer/seatbelt cutter a legal requirement in the Netherlands? My daughter is an engineer with Shell and spent some time there in the past. She insists I carry one although it鈥檚 normally in the glovebox, stupid place to have it in an emergency when you鈥檙e upside down or with water flooding into the car.

After seeing yours I鈥檒l be looking out for a mount, the sensible option.

Registered
2017 CR-V AWD EX-L 1.5T, 2018 Accord Touring Hybid
BTW: Did you know about the 'car wash modus' of the drivetrain?
If you mean a permanent neutral so it can be pulled by a hook, it;s probably like my Accord:

But it would be best to look it up in your own owner's manual.

Registered
2020 CR-V hybrid Executive trim Premium Chrystal Red Metallic
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for all the nice words!

The 'wash mode' is, when the engine is 'on' (can't say 'running' anymore...):
  • press Neutral and then...
  • ... within 5 seconds press the Power button
  • the dash will display a large N and smaller P
  • the car will be in neutral without all sorts of 'electrics' running: like in P without the wheels locked.
That's the procedure: the car will roll forward when being pushed by a notch on a conveyor belt

@ Charlie1960: yes: those life hammers are a legal requirement here. On both sides for the front seat passengers. We're in a flat country with a lot of roads next to canals and without substantial barriers between the road and the water. Those hammers became 'en vogue' and later mandatory when car manufacturers introduced electric windows!. Mind you, over here one can do an advanced drivers' course How To Get Out Of A Submerged Car. The use of the hammer is an essential part of the training.

Next: waiting for the first 1000km/680 miles. Until the car is properly run in. Then it's off to the German Autobahn for some serious speed testing. I live about an hours drive from Top Speed Heaven. The slowest car on the Autobahn? Don't think so, since Volvo announced last week to limit all their new-build cars to 180 km/hr 111 mph.

Reactions: Charlie1960
1 - 6 of 6 Posts