Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My left turning signal light stays on when my lights are on

10K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Shryp 
#1 ·
Howdy,

both of my turning signals work fine in the daytime, however when i turn my lights on the left indicator stays solid on. There is no flashing and when I turn my indicator left there is no change. My right signal works fine.

Any help is appreciated!! I drive a 2001 if that helps

Dan

#2 ·
You could have a bad bulb (shorted filaments) or even a bulb that isn't twisted fully into place.

Also, check ground wires to that LH bulb socket...no ground forces the 'lectricity to find its own path back to the battery...through a different filament.

Post back with results.

#3 ·
I changed all 4 bulbs, on the left and the right side. The problem now is that the brake light on the right side flashes when i turn my left blinker on! Also, when I use my right blinker now, the right brake light fails to flash.

I have ruled out bulbs, and will look into the grounds. Is there a useful vid that helps out with the grounds? im not the best with cars but im working with a dude who's pretty adept.

#4 ·
Are you the original owner? If not, you may want to look for evidence of "custom" wiring done by a previous owner. It sounds like something has been changed. Does your V have a trailer hitch? If so, your issue might be found in the trailer light wiring harness connections. Otherwise, it could still be a bulb out, just not one you've changed yet. Could also be corrosion in a socket, and if not cleaned up, a new bulb won't help.

#5 ·
Larry,

Not the original owner and im sure the guy before me had some weird electrical stuff going on. My parking brake light is on all the time actually haha but i didnt seem to think it was that big of a deal.

I will take your advice and check out the wiring connections of the trailer light. there is evidence of a hitch used in the past but it no longer has a hitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.