Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me is it possible to remove prop off my crv 2008. 2.2 I get shudder when pulling off even worse when reversing. It was like it when I bought it. Had new clutch and flywheel. £800. Still did it gers better when warmed up any help please?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tim! There are many threads on this issue. I recommend you re-post this in the Gen3 Section, then run a search and see what others have done. I personally would not remove the propeller shaft, as it only (maybe) bypasses the problem and does not solve it. Best to find the issue and resolve it properly. Have you recently replaced the fluids in your transmission and differentials? Based on what I've read here this is often the cause. Or, it could also be an issue with the new clutch, such as a wet clutch disc, which happens when the installer gets oil on the disc. It could also be a dragging brake caliper, or a number of other things. Let us know how it turns out for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can any one tell me is it possible to remove prop off my crv 2008. 2.2 I get shudder when pulling off even worse when reversing. It was like it when I bought it. Had new clutch and flywheel. £800. Still did it gers better when warmed up any help please?
. Thanks starting at beginning fluid first not removing prop. Prop and drive shafts OK took to local guy said not clutch you would feel vibes on pedal? Changing fluid with genuine Honda not open until Monday looks fiddle to refill luckily I have a pit in my garage....

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Yessir, you would feel it in the pedal. Remember on that fluid, remember to just drain and refill, do not flush. You can read more about that on the forum but some folks recommend you drain and refill about two or three times over a week or so, if it needs it, to stop the shudder and completely freshen the fluid. Wow, you have a pit. Nice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts