Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2007 Taffeta White CR-V EX-L build thread

Got our CR-V 3 weeks ago, trading in our 2006 Honda Pilot EX. We loved the pilot, but it was bigger than we really needed and not very fuel efficient around town, which is 90% of our driving.

Here's the first pic I took of our V:
20140319_094418[1].jpg

Mods I've already done include:
Class III Bolt-on Towing Hitch
Front Splash Guards
Hood Air Deflector/Protector
Honda CRV Rubber Floor Mats and Cargo Tray (for our snowy Utah winters)
4WD Emblem from the 2010-2011 series to balance the Tailgate and removed the standard 2007-2009 sticker 4WD emblem

Mods I still want to do:
K&N Intake Air-filter
Moonroof Air Deflector
Mugen Tailgate Spoiler in Black
Polk subwoofer

Mods I'm still on the fence about:
Nudge Bar
Nerf Bars/Running boards

Honda CR-V Hood Air Deflector
20140405_192253.jpg

Passenger Side-view
20140405_192311.jpg

Tailgate with 4WD emblem added
20140405_192350.jpg

Curt Bolt On 2" Hitch
20140405_192359.jpg

Driver Side-view
20140405_192417.jpg

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the spoiler I want to import eventually:
CRV-Spoiler.JPG

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice and congrats.

I do suggest against the sun/moonroof visor. All they do is mar the paint.
Good to know. Perhaps I'll skip that one.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Nice looking tailgate spoiler. I'd be interested to see how it looks if you do go with black. Usually people match color so that will be different.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
NICE looking CR-V!

The only improvement I would suggest is getting rid of the dealer advertising around the license plates. YOU paid THEM not the other way around. (Sorry, license plate brackets are one of my pet peeves.)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The only improvement I would suggest is getting rid of the dealer advertising around the license plates. YOU paid THEM not the other way around. (Sorry, license plate brackets are one of my pet peeves.)
Completely agree with everything said 100%. Other than I would also change the hitch plug cover.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
(Sorry, license plate brackets are one of my pet peeves.)
I'm the same way. I asked the dealer to remove their sticker from the tailgate before I would take delivery of the car. Then I changed the license plate frames right away.

·
Registered
236 Posts
No spoiler, looks phony on a boxy vehicle and has no effect. Otherwise, you have a very nice vehicle. Congrats.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
But Mike, that's redundant to the badging that's already on the back....just sayin', to each his own of course. :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But Mike, that's redundant to the badging that's already on the back....just sayin', to each his own of course. :D
True enough, lol.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Got our CR-V 3 weeks ago, trading in our 2006 Honda Pilot EX. We loved the pilot, but it was bigger than we really needed and not very fuel efficient around town, which is 90% of our driving.

Here's the first pic I took of our V:
View attachment 21833

Mods I've already done include:
Class III Bolt-on Towing Hitch
Front Splash Guards
Hood Air Deflector/Protector
Honda CRV Rubber Floor Mats and Cargo Tray (for our snowy Utah winters)
4WD Emblem from the 2010-2011 series to balance the Tailgate and removed the standard 2007-2009 sticker 4WD emblem

Mods I still want to do:
K&N Intake Air-filter
Moonroof Air Deflector
Mugen Tailgate Spoiler in Black
Polk subwoofer

Mods I'm still on the fence about:
Nudge Bar
Nerf Bars/Running boards

Honda CR-V Hood Air Deflector
View attachment 21881

Passenger Side-view
View attachment 21849

Tailgate with 4WD emblem added
View attachment 21857

Curt Bolt On 2" Hitch
View attachment 21865

Driver Side-view
View attachment 21873
Wow, your 2007 is show room quality! Did it come looking like this or was it something you did to shine it up?

Gorgeous CR-V! Hey you are showing up those later models Mike!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Very nice. Wife wanted white, but it didn't come in Black leather, so we got a Black CRV. Didn't want Gray Leather again.

I used to have Bull bars in the front of all my CRV's & Ridgeline but decided against it this time as it really sticks out too low taking away from it. Same with the side bars, just felt they were extra weight for nothing!

I don't have the same rear spoiler as yours, but I love having one, and also find the don't look as good without one. Check out My Garage for more ideas & pics

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Very nice. Wife wanted white, but it didn't come in Black leather, so we got a Black CRV. Didn't want Gray Leather again.

I used to have Bull bars in the front of all my CRV's & Ridgeline but decided against it this time as it really sticks out too low taking away from it. Same with the side bars, just felt they were extra weight for nothing!

I don't have the same rear spoiler as yours, but I love having one, and also find the don't look as good without one. Check out My Garage for more ideas & pics

Enjoy!
I agree, they look like something is missing without.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, your 2007 is show room quality! Did it come looking like this or was it something you did to shine it up?

Gorgeous CR-V! Hey you are showing up those later models Mike!
The dealer must have waxed it before I got it as it came looking this clean. I did use some chrome polish to shine up the chrome trim and tailgate H emblem. I love the 2007-2011 style CR-V and liked it better than the new 2012+ redesign even before I joined the club.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree, they look like something is missing without.
That was my thinking too. I'll either get a knock-off Mugen spoiler, or the same one Rickman got.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts