20140407_194238.jpg

20140407_194455.jpg

20140407_194433.jpg

20140407_194309.jpg

20140407_194528.jpg

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I really wanted the Mugen when we bought our 07, the price was too much for the real deal and I wasn't sure about the knock offs to try it, so I went with the Honda version.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Excellent looking CRV! I've always liked your model in white.

Just a heads up on the K&N filter. The guys who did my engine swap run a Honda performance shop. They see a lot of street guys coming in with their K&N or other brands of washable, oiled filters. The problem is with these type of filters is that very small amounts of oil atomize into your engine's air supply. Effectively coating things like MAF/MAP and other intake side sensors, in an film of oil, which then attracts other small particles to the "coat my sensors" party. For those people who actually use and refresh the same filter for 100,000s of KM/miles, their intake manifold/throttle body/valves get all gummed up pretty bad.

To prevent this problem, they always use foam disposable filters from reputable companies such as K&N, AEM, PRM, ect. It's the biggest breakaway from paper element filters.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Excellent looking CRV! I've always liked your model in white.

Just a heads up on the K&N filter. The guys who did my engine swap run a Honda performance shop. They see a lot of street guys coming in with their K&N or other brands of washable, oiled filters. The problem is with these type of filters is that very small amounts of oil atomize into your engine's air supply. Effectively coating things like MAF/MAP and other intake side sensors, in an film of oil, which then attracts other small particles to the "coat my sensors" party. For those people who actually use and refresh the same filter for 100,000s of KM/miles, their intake manifold/throttle body/valves get all gummed up pretty bad.

To prevent this problem, they always use foam disposable filters from reputable companies such as K&N, AEM, PRM, ect. It's the biggest breakaway from paper element filters.
Thanks for the tip. I wondered if the stick oil could have such an affect. I'll stick to other filter options in that case.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Aftermarket Subwoofer and Amp added

Last night I spent several hours dismantling panels and doors to tap into the speakers for high-level inputs for my subwoofer amp, and routing power connects... I hate interior work lol... Anywho, got the amp all connected to the battery, switched power, and sub and it surely improves the lacking bass of the EX-L (without nav) stock speakers.

I went with a Rockford Fosgate R500X1D since it's a digital class D, being more compact and more efficient, only requiring 8 gauge hookups (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BF6HYDE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). This amp is overkill for this subwoofer since it's tested up to 647 RMS (@ 2 ohms) and the sub can only handle 180 RMS, but I decided if I wanted I wanted to upgrade the subwoofer later, I at least wouldn't need a new amp.

For the subwoofer I went with a Polk DXi108, since BestBuy was clearing them out and only the floor model was left, so I got it for a steal at $33 + tax lol (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/8-single-voice-coil-2-ohm-subwoofer-with-enclosure/2146805.p?id=1218311133151&skuId=2146805&st=polk dxi108&cp=1&lp=1). I actually rewired the dual voicecoil into a series to bump the ohm rating from 2 ohms to 8 ohms so as to draw less power from the amp and not cook the coil! Seems to be holding up okay even under excessive volumes. If I do end up blowing the driver, I'm only out $36 :eek:

I followed the several guides available here for Amp install and wiring (big thanks!).

A mod post wouldn't be complete without pics!

Rockford Fosgate Amp velcroed to carpet under the drivers seat
20140418_113344[1].jpg

Polk DXi108 facing forward in cargo space
20140418_113416[1].jpg

For only being an 8" subwoofer, it hits plenty hard and loud. Only reason to upgrade would be to disturb the neighbors even more:p
20140418_120640[1].jpg

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Finally got my tires and wheels today. I wanted a taller tire without overcrowding the wheel well or oversized tires so I picked up some American Racing AR95 Estrellas sized 16x7 and had these 235/70R16 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventures with Kevlar put on today. They moved the TPMS sensors over with adapters and everything fit great with good clearances all around. I really like the off-road leaning rugged look these provide, along with better off-road and all weather traction.

They ride smoother than the stock wheel size that came off, but those were almost fully worn out. Bumps feel softer etc. They aren't noisy either. Only slightly more wind/road noise than before, but only enough to be noticeable, but not to the point of being obvious or annoying. I'm looking forward to how well these will do off-road and in snow... to bad winter just ended lol. I hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
More pics of my mods/customizing etc

Fabricated a custom grill from Diamond Extreme Aluminum to replace the chrome bars:

Two-tone emblems:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Mike, do you miss the Pilot? I don't really miss my Ridgeline!

I prefer paying $60 at the pump instead of of $100 at every fill up! That's a lot.... :mad:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mike, do you miss the Pilot? I don't really miss my Ridgeline!

I prefer paying $60 at the pump instead of of $100 at every fill up! That's a lot.... :mad:
For the most part no. I slightly miss the extra cargo space and 3rd row seat (great for isolating kid conflicts lol), and slightly miss the extra power, but both of those are negated by the much better fuel economy and smaller gas tank, and for a much sleeker looking ride :cool:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
So Mike I found the pics I asked for in your other thread. You have a great looking V. I like what you've done with it. I'm wishing mine was 4WD, so I could put some aggressive tires on it. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So Mike I found the pics I asked for in your other thread. You have a great looking V. I like what you've done with it. I'm wishing mine was 4WD, so I could put some aggressive tires on it. Keep up the good work!
You don't need AWD/4WD for A/T tires ;) You can still benefit from their narlyness and added traction on/off road and in snow, mud etc.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You don't need AWD/4WD for A/T tires ;) You can still benefit from their narlyness and added traction on/off road and in snow, mud etc.
That's very true. Since I'm transferring to VA in 9 days I might actually need tires like that for the winter. I guess this winter will be my deciding factor. :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
oh, and Thanks! for the words of encouragement :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
More pics updating the look of my CR-V (dipped the 'H' and deflector white):

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
More pics updating the look of my CR-V (dipped the 'H' and deflector white):

I like this shot in the garage a lot. Shows off nicely the mods you've done. The V is looking great.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I like this shot in the garage a lot. Shows off nicely the mods you've done. The V is looking great.
Thanks Wolf! I took that pic from 50+ feet away using a longer zoom to get a better perspective and still fill the frame. I need to get another shot with my roof-rack/cross-bars mounted. If it wasn't storming outside, I'd do it right now lol!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Had some fun with my camera and CRV

Took these pics today showing my V with the scenic backdrop of where I live in the Rocky Mountains of Utah. (Note, I got my Roof Rack installed :cool: ) I hope you enjoy them. Click the image to view it larger from Photobucket.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Great pics. Very nice backdrop. Is that still signs of snow at the top of the mountains? And I thought we had a lot of snow this past year...

21 - 40 of 149 Posts