Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Great pics. Very nice backdrop. Is that still signs of snow at the top of the mountains? And I thought we had a lot of snow this past year...
Thanks Wolf! Yup, that's snow up there, less than usual actually. We had a fairly dry year. Visible snow on the face of Timpanogos peak can last into August or even September. I doubt it will make it to July this year.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Got my basket today!

Got my roof basket today, the XTray small from Rhino-Rack. Took my time putting it together and sealing the joints with silicon. Sun was already down when I finished but the pics still turned out okay I think.

PS... Speaking of snow Wolf, look at the fresh powder up on the mountain that just fell today, on June 17 haha!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
PS... Speaking of snow Wolf, look at the fresh powder up on the mountain that just fell today, on June 17 haha!
That's crazy but the mountains are beautiful and make for a nice backdrop to your V. Looking good.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Future off-road concepts

Some future mods I may pursue for even more off-road appearance:

• Black-pinstripe
  • Blacked out side-mirrors and door handles
  • Faux Hood Louvers (or maybe even real louvers...)
  • Fog light trim with SS grills
  • Black tail-light trim
Photoshopped concepts:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Nice photoshop. Liking everything but the tail light trim as it's pointing out each section too much. But that's just me. One of the reasons I got a white CR-V was the whole white and black thing and how it plays off each other. So the door handles and trim look really good.

Giving me ideas ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Nice photoshop. Liking everything but the tail light trim as it's pointing out each section too much. But that's just me. One of the reasons I got a white CR-V was the whole white and black thing and how it plays off each other. So the door handles and trim look really good.

Giving me ideas ;)
The black on white really does look sharp don't it!? :cool: If I did the tail light trim, I'd actually be buying the chrome trim shown below and then dipping them black before installing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190916168579?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
tail-light-concept.jpg

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I love they way it looks now Mike. Too much bling can ruin a good thing, not to mention your wallet!

Those are some sweet pics of the Mountains! :cool:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So mixed reactions lol... Some solid "Yes"s from Dan, but a conservative, keep-it-the-same from Rick... Dipping the side mirrors and handles actually "downgrades" the look of my CR-V to an LX platform that doesn't come with body colored mirrors/handles, but at the same time, tends to give a more rugged appearance for an off-road theme. The pinstripe would probably be more conservative than the line I drew, not being as wide of a line etc. I've already got the foglight trim on order (chrome) that I plan to dip white to frame some SS perforated aluminum instead of actual lights. I'm still unsure about the tailgate trim dipped black. Maybe if I modded it to remove some of the separators etc... I love any and all feedback you guys have.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Yes, everybody has diff opinions, so of course it only matters what you like that counts. Oh and yer wife.... ha-ha

And I also agree that making it look like an LX is not my cup of Tea.

OK, so now you need a Big side body emblem that say's 4X4

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I actually want to add a 4x4 sticker to the lower corner of each rear passenger door. If I ever find something that fits just right, I'll order and post it up.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Lol! I saw that pink one too :p. Do they have any of those in black?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Okay, so I toned the black-on-white theme down a little, left the side mirrors, handles and gas cap body color, and stuck with just the pinstripe, door molding/guards, louvers (they really enhance the off-road look IMO), and dipped white fog light trim and SS aluminum. I think this reaches close to perfection for my off-road theme. The only things missing are my 1.5" OME lift (on order) and possibly some rock sliders/nerf bars. What say ye?

Okay, and maybe a snazy, artistic 4x4 decal ;)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I posted in your other thread that I like it but just noticed the 4X4 logo. Very nice. How would it look without the lower black striping? I think the pin striping you have on top, the lower is too much. But leave the 4X4 to see how that looks.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Here's without the body molding (door-bang guards):

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I like that look better. Makes the 4X4 logo stand out better. If you did want body side molding for protection, perhaps color coded would look good.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I like that look better. Makes the 4X4 logo stand out better. If you did want body side molding for protection, perhaps color coded would look good.
I could always dip the molding white if I didn't like it :p

41 - 60 of 149 Posts