Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Looks great, nice color.(y)(y)

Reactions: PopsW and klm57

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,583 Posts
Almost looks blue but its the Sonic Gray Pearl.
The trends in vehicle paint colors is always interesting.

The big suppliers (BASF and PPG) spend a lot of time researching evolving color trends with the populations of different regions. Vehicle manufacturers pick their colors several years in advance, so the research has to be forward predictive.

Blues and grays are definitely trending currently.. so I think Honda made a great choice with this color because it effectively serves both trend desires.

Also.. popularity by class, make, model, and owners state of residence.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know about the auto engine shut off at stop lights? Is this a new feature for 2020? Sees this would be hard on the car. I'm aware you can disable temporally.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,187 Posts
Wonderful colour - and one that is NOT available in the UK!

Will be at least 2-3 years before the UK gets the facelifted CR-V and possible additional colour choices. Great car!

Reactions: klm57

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Does anyone know about the auto engine shut off at stop lights? Is this a new feature for 2020? Sees this would be hard on the car. I'm aware you can disable temporally.
new for 2020
you can disable it but resets at every startup.

op, looks good, sonic grey would be my second choice behind aegon blue!
love my white diamond but next vehicle going back to a fun color lol

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX-L
164 Posts
I've not experienced this feature in a Honda but I have rented a variety of vehicles that use it. Some are smoother and less intrusive than others but I haven't been impressed by any of them to date. Beyond the actual experience I too would be concerned about the long term impact on the maintenance side of the equation as well as the functionality over the long haul. I suppose if a person knew they would be trading the vehicle off when it had 50K to 75K miles on it the long term issue would be less of a concern as it would become someone else's problem but for any of us that might want to run our vehicles to over 125K miles my guess is there will be an impact.

I understand the need/desire to make all vehicles more efficient but some of the methods currently being used to do so are questionable over the long haul. I still see a considerable number of first or second generation CR-V's and other "simpler" vehicles on the road. I wonder how many of these newer, "more efficient" cars will still be out there plugging along 15 to 20 years from now? Or how much more their owners will have spent to keep them on the road due to all of these enhancements.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've not experienced this feature in a Honda but I have rented a variety of vehicles that use it. Some are smoother and less intrusive than others but I haven't been impressed by any of them to date. Beyond the actual experience I too would be concerned about the long term impact on the maintenance side of the equation as well as the functionality over the long haul. I suppose if a person knew they would be trading the vehicle off when it had 50K to 75K miles on it the long term issue would be less of a concern as it would become someone else's problem but for any of us that might want to run our vehicles to over 125K miles my guess is there will be an impact.

I understand the need/desire to make all vehicles more efficient but some of the methods currently being used to do so are questionable over the long haul. I still see a considerable number of first or second generation CR-V's and other "simpler" vehicles on the road. I wonder how many of these newer, "more efficient" cars will still be out there plugging along 15 to 20 years from now? Or how much more their owners will have spent to keep them on the road due to all of these enhancements.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware of this feature and at first thought someone bumped into my rear bumper. I know it can be disabled but you have to do it every time you start the car. Sometimes when pulling up to a stop with a lot of cars ahead of you it shuts off and on many times as you approach the stop sign. While its quick to start again I'm worried about the long term impact of this so I disable it. Is the small savings going to cost you in maintenance in the long run? Now if your just sitting in the same spot for several minutes I think it's OK. We should have the option to disable it altogether if we want to per start.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Now if your just sitting in the same spot for several minutes I think it's OK. We should have the option to disable it altogether if we want to per start.
my wifes work equinox has it, and it only shuts down for the length of a stoplight change. It will ’restart’ after a set time if you have the brake depressed.
sometimes i let off the brake slightly and make it restart early

·
Registered
2016 CR-V Touring
37 Posts
There's a hack for the Pilot. Maybe someone will figure out one for the CRV (assuming it's different from the Pilot).

·
Registered
117 Posts
My mother in law and father in law both have auto start stop and they turn it off all the time. I don't understand why but whatever.

While we drove a rental jeep with it we averaged 24mpg. V6 limited. As long as you remember to lift your foot a second before light change it starts up.
I read for the Jeep and maybe Honda it is not the same starter to restart after a start stop cycle..

·
Registered
1 Posts
sometimes its annoying, sometimes work sometimes not. Especially if you turn the aircon full blast it wont work. You got delayed from stoping to turning it on. You van off this one if you turn it off by pressing the auto shutoff it will turn amber in the dashboard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure if the owner did some major changes to it. I, myself, will take at least a year before I'll make some modifications. I need to be more familiar and comfortable with my car so that I'll know which part needs improvement.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I recently drove a Caddy XT4 (rental due to accident) that had the auto shutoff at stops and I really didn't like it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts