Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2019 I had purchased about this time last year got totaled in an 8 vehicle pile-up. Everyone walked away, so all good :)

Got my check from the insurance, and was contemplating getting a different SUV just for the fun of it. Was thinking of reconsidering the RAV4 again. Had test driven it in 2019 and it sucked big time which had me going over to the CRV. Maybe the Mazda this time? Well unfortunately due to COVID, I hit a wall. Dealerships are open for online sales only around here. Not allowed to check out or test drive anything :( Oh well. Went for the 2020 CRV, which was not really a difficult choice since I loved my 2019 CRV so much!

This time I went for the AWD and in a different colour. There's been some minor changes to the interior layout. Some positive, and some negative in my view. It is what it is.

Looking forward to another great year with the new wheels!

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
The 2019 I had purchased about this time last year got totaled in an 8 vehicle pile-up. Everyone walked away, so all good :)

Got my check from the insurance, and was contemplating getting a different SUV just for the fun of it. Was thinking of reconsidering the RAV4 again. Had test driven it in 2019 and it sucked big time which had me going over to the CRV. Maybe the Mazda this time? Well unfortunately due to COVID, I hit a wall. Dealerships are open for online sales only around here. Not allowed to check out or test drive anything :( Oh well. Went for the 2020 CRV, which was not really a difficult choice since I loved my 2019 CRV so much!

This time I went for the AWD and in a different colour. There's been some minor changes to the interior layout. Some positive, and some negative in my view. It is what it is.

View attachment 138648
You said you walked away, so ...hope you weren't hurt! Do you have pictures of the totaled one?

Just curious, what are the interior things you find negative? I had a 2018, and now a 2020, and am happy with all changes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You said you walked away, so ...hope you weren't hurt! Do you have pictures of the totaled one?

Just curious, what are the interior things you find negative? I had a 2018, and now a 2020, and am happy with all changes.
Pics attached. The vehicle behind me lifted me up, and pushed me forward to the vehicle in front of me. From the pics it actually doesn't seem as the the CRV would be a write-off, but see the notes on the window from the mechanic. There was also damage to the front not mentioned. Perhaps written on the other side but I didn't notice.

The main thing from the interior I miss is that the accessory plug was moved to the storage compartment. I had this cool accessory device that plugged into it and displays the interior temp/battery voltage. Can't use that now :(. However I do prefer that the USB ports have been moved out of the storage area and more accessible. There is also more room now for a cell phone which is nice, but still won't fit the larger models. I was not happy with the auto-Idle-stop feature introduced with the 2020, but it doesn't seem to be working yet so happy about that.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

View attachment 138648
Very nice! I'm sure you'll find a workaround for your devices. I don't like some of the new do dads they put in the vehicles nowadays... auto start/stop and all that jazz, but all the automakers are doing it. I'd just override all of it. I know some things you can permanently disable (unless reactivated) -- like the auto parking brake and other things, but the auto start/stop comes on during every start, so you have to disable it every time you start it.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,154 Posts
Wowsers!

That car that hit you from behind looks utterly ruined!

Do you have any images of the front of your old CR-V in that impact?

Good to know everyone walked away uninjured too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you say they introduced those auto stop engine when idle, as in when you are at a stop lights, the engine will shut off? I hate those in BMWs and will be dismayed to know it’s also in the new CRV!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
1,075 Posts
Pics attached. The vehicle behind me lifted me up, and pushed me forward to the vehicle in front of me. From the pics it actually doesn't seem as the the CRV would be a write-off, but see the notes on the window from the mechanic. There was also damage to the front not mentioned. Perhaps written on the other side but I didn't notice.

The main thing from the interior I miss is that the accessory plug was moved to the storage compartment. I had this cool accessory device that plugged into it and displays the interior temp/battery voltage. Can't use that now :(. However I do prefer that the USB ports have been moved out of the storage area and more accessible. There is also more room now for a cell phone which is nice, but still won't fit the larger models. I was not happy with the auto-Idle-stop feature introduced with the 2020, but it doesn't seem to be working yet so happy about that.

View attachment 138666 View attachment 138667
YIKES! I've been in one of those multi-car rear-endings before.

I assume that the wheels on your V in pic are your Winter wheels/snow tires? Is that what Northerners do (2 sets of wheels)?

Also, did the that impacted you not have air bags? I can't see any deployment?

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
Did you say they introduced those auto stop engine when idle, as in when you are at a stop lights, the engine will shut off? I hate those in BMWs and will be dismayed to know it’s also in the new CRV!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. And almost all new vehicles as well. In the CR-V, and most others that have it, it just takes one push of a button when you start the car to disable that function. It's easier than putting on your seat belt. Get used to it, it isn't so bad.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wowsers!

That car that hit you from behind looks utterly ruined!

Do you have any images of the front of your old CR-V in that impact?
Sorry no pic available. Damage to the front was minimal as you would expect from a minor rear end collision. I actually managed to stop in the nick of time, then bam, bam, bam and bam! Four vehicles collided behind me pushing me to the vehicle in front of me. There were another three cars pilled up in front of me!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YIKES! I've been in one of those multi-car rear-endings before.

I assume that the wheels on your V in pic are your Winter wheels/snow tires? Is that what Northerners do (2 sets of wheels)?

Also, did the that impacted you not have air bags? I can't see any deployment?
I was surprised to see no air bag deployment from the vehicle that collided with me as you see in the picture. Perhaps it's due to the car sliding underneath the CRV, lessening the sudden impact?

... and yes, those are my winter tire/rim set. My summers (actually all-seasons) were due to go on in a couple of weeks. They're nice and cozy hanging on my garage wall :)

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,154 Posts
Sorry no pic available. Damage to the front was minimal as you would expect from a minor rear end collision. I actually managed to stop in the nick of time, then bam, bam, bam and bam! Four vehicles collided behind me pushing me to the vehicle in front of me. There were another three cars pilled up in front of me!
No worries.

Main thing is that you and the other people involved were/are all ok.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts