Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My New Android HeadUnit (ATOTO A6 Pro)

18K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  nobelnabil 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
Just felt like sharing my experience. I have got a Chinese Headunit (Atoto A6 Pro) installed on my CR-V LX 2012. I love the setup everything works as expected and the only thing I am missing (which is not a big deal) is:
-Showing the backup camera on the headunit (still works on IMID)
-Bluetooth steering wheel controls (I think I can get it to work but I didnt want to tap to the OEM wiring)

What is great:
-All functionalities of IMID
-Steering wheel controls on the headunit (just the +,-, >>,<<)
-GPS
-illumination/brightness when turning on the headlights
-Headunit Bluetooth (excellent sound quality)
-Radio
-Speakers sound awesome now (they sounded terrible before because of the way the OEM headunit works)
-I can revert back to the OEM headunit in a matter of minutes (no wire cuts at all)

What you need to buy:
-Any good branded chinese head unit (I recommend Atoto or Joying)
-18gauge butt connectors and crimping tool (OR Solder iron and solder wire)
-18gauge heat shrink tubes
-PAC audio rp4-hd11 (for SWC to work and retain IMID functionalities)
-Metra 40-HD11 OR Scosche HAA2B Antenna Adapter (for Radio functionality)
-Scosche HA1714B Dash Kit (for your Dash trim)
-long Philips screw driver

How to connect for NONE AMPLIFIER CRV VERSION:
there are multiple threads about it so I will explain the obvious stuff briefly:
1)get your headunit main harness and connect it to PAC as below (solder or use butt connectors:
a) match Accessory wire
b) match constant/ wire
c) match illumination wire
d) match parking brake wire
e) match 8 speakers wires (for 4 speakers). you will need to cut the RCA plugs on the PAC to expose the two wires for each speaker and connect to ATOTO harness
f) match power Antenna adapter wire with your Metra or Scosche wire
g) TRICKY: for the PAC 3.5 plug for SWC, you will need to cut the plug and expose the two wires (one is red and the other is white), cut down the silver shiled srounding these two wires, it is not needed. connect the red to ATOTO 'WHEEL KEY' wire and connect the WHITE wire to ATOTO ground which will also be connected to the PAC ground wire. (3 wires in total for the ground).

2)once you are done with wire connections, use heat shrink tubes to cover the wires that are not in use which will be everything that i didnt mention

3) mount the atoto headunit to the dashkit and be careful when screwing, the dashkit has big screws that might break its plastic arms.

4)go to your car, remove the middle air vents, the OEM headunit (lots of youtube videos on how to)

5) unscrew the emergency red flash button and screw it on your dash kit (only use the included screws on the dash kit and dont reuse the OEM screws as they wont fit).

6) set your PAC unit to Pioneer (#7)

7)fish the mic and the ATOTO USB extention to a suitable location

8) connect the OEM antenna wire to your antenna adaptor, there will be another 3 OEM adaptors, connect 2 of them to your PAC adaptors (you cant miss this up, you will only be able to plug the correct ones as each is different in size). there will be white OEM adaptor left. leave it as is, there is no need for it.

9)connect the included ATOTO mic, wifi antenna, , USB plug, GPS to ATOTO head unit (I placed GPS and Wifi antennas inside the dash behind the ATOTO headunit. no issues and GPS signal is excellent).

10)turn on the car and check if everything is working. if so then turn it off and mount the ATOTO headunit properly to the car using the OEM screws then the air vents.

notes:
a) i tried connecting atoto's rear camera wire to PAC reverse output wire and it worked, so when i change gear to R in my car, the screen switches to rear camera output but I didnt connect the rear camera so it will be useless for me so i decided to disconnect the wires. however if you plan to buy after market camera, you can use this instead of tapping into the backlight of the car.

b) make sure you are familiar of getting the butt connectors snug with the wires. it was my first time to do this and i suffered until i learned a trick to fold the stripped part of the wire to make it thick then stick it into the butt connector and crimp it.

c)highly recommended to use a heatgun to heat shrink the butt connectors once done.

d)in Atoto, go to steering wheel controls setting then press 'reset' then press volume up in the headunit (the soft button on the screen will blink) then press volume+ in the steering wheel control then the soft button on the screen will stop blinking. do the same for other buttons then click save.

e) you will have to spend time customizing ATOTO to your liking (downloading apps, skins, pair, customize the device...etc)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice post. I want to do something similar to my Honda CRV 2016 (4 spk). I just need an android auto functionality without radio tuner and am thinking of buying the following:
1. ATOTO SA 102 (Basic android auto version)
2. PAC audio rp4-hd11 (Harness and SWC)
3. Scosche HA1714B (Dash Kit)
4. Maestro Acc-USB-TO2 (To use factory USB port)

Hope these would work together... Haven't ordered it yet. Still researching when I stumbled upon this post.

#6 ·
Nice post. I want to do something similar to my Honda CRV 2016 (4 spk). I just need an android auto functionality without radio tuner and am thinking of buying the following:
1. ATOTO SA 102 (Basic android auto version)
2. PAC audio rp4-hd11 (Harness and SWC)
3. Scosche HA1714B (Dash Kit)
4. Maestro Acc-USB-TO2 (To use factory USB port)

Hope these would work together... Haven't ordered it yet. Still researching when I stumbled upon this post.
I pulled the trigger on an android unit for my 2013. It's six speaker system with a 'subwoofer' under the passenger seat. It is supposed to arrive this week and I plan to install it this weekend. I'll post my results.

#17 ·
I'm having a similar issue with a 2010 crv non nav premium audio, can't figure out how to make the factory subwoofer output audio. It appears it needs the harness input pictured and I can't find an adapter or the factory wiring specs... Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

#18 ·
I don't know, guys.... When you are driving, you cannot really browse apps and use touchscreen. I installed couple of them that you see on the pictures here, but both my wife and I found the original knob and buttons way more comfortable to use. If you want a tablet, you just connect your tablet or your phone, imho.

#21 ·
my current setup doesnt bother me but i think I figured out how to do it. if you check the attached , A19 pin is what you want to tap into an AV cable (AV cable has to be spliced to connect its wire to A19) then connect that AV cable to your headunit. I havnt tried that cuz i dont want to splice my OEM IMID .

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.