Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2018 CR-V EX AWD. I have been a Honda owner for about 30 years, with 4 Accords and a 2003 Element with I bought new and still have with 150500 miles to date. Traded in my last Accord for this new beauty.

I have one question. When I signed up here I had to choose between 4T, 5T, or 5M. I assume this is referring to the transmission and the M would be manual? I don't know the difference between the 4T and 5T. Mine is a AWD with CVT but how do I determine if it is a 4T or 5T, or am I just on the wrong planet? :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Gtmarine, I had the same issue. I posted the question in the forum feedback section and the reply was "others have also pointed this out". I guess that means a fix is in the works...eventually. The 4T, 5T, or 5M refers to the number of gears in the tranny. As you pointed out, ours is a CVT, different animal, rubber band drive. I don't remember which one I picked, guess it really doesn't matter. Good luck with your new toy, you are aware of the fuel-in-oil issues some CR-Vs are having? If not, you might want to read up on the problem, so you can be proactive if you have issues.
Steve & Margo
2018 Honda CRV EX
2018 Nissan Frontier
2018 Fleetwood Discovery "Alice"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No worries

Gtmarine, I had the same issue. I posted the question in the forum feedback section and the reply was "others have also pointed this out". I guess that means a fix is in the works...eventually. The 4T, 5T, or 5M refers to the number of gears in the tranny. As you pointed out, ours is a CVT, different animal, rubber band drive. I don't remember which one I picked, guess it really doesn't matter. Good luck with your new toy, you are aware of the fuel-in-oil issues some CR-Vs are having? If not, you might want to read up on the problem, so you can be proactive if you have issues.
Steve & Margo
2018 Honda CRV EX
2018 Nissan Frontier
2018 Fleetwood Discovery "Alice"
Thanks Steve/Margo, so I just won't worry about it. I did notice that fuel/oil thread and had never heard of this issue...I'll be sure to read up and take appropriate precautions. Guess I need to go and create a signature now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.