Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I had been running a modded air box intake. Well, I decided that since I everything from a K&N intake sitting around the room, I might as well see if it would work on the V. And guess what, it did.

It started out life as a CAI for a VW VR6. Well, I got rid of the car and had a different intake on it when I sold it (same with the shift knob I am running now). So, I took the piping up and noticed if I made one cut, I would have exactly what I was looking for.

I am still working on a better way to secure it from shifting and a heat shield, but I am much happier with this than I was with the modded air box.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good. Looks like it is a tight fit as well. How is it for noise? Hal
It isn't as tight as some intakes I have put on cars in the past, but it is a nice fit.

The noise isn't bad. Driving normally, its not but just a touch louder than stock.

As long as it fits, that's all that matters.;)
After the cut, it fits like a champ,

·
Registered
47 Posts
As some of you know, I had been running a modded air box intake. Well, I decided that since I everything from a K&N intake sitting around the room, I might as well see if it would work on the V. And guess what, it did.

It started out life as a CAI for a VW VR6. Well, I got rid of the car and had a different intake on it when I sold it (same with the shift knob I am running now). So, I took the piping up and noticed if I made one cut, I would have exactly what I was looking for.

I am still working on a better way to secure it from shifting and a heat shield, but I am much happier with this than I was with the modded air box.
As Serj22 pointed out to me http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG
Carries mounting hardware that might help:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts