Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CR-V EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new HKS muffler, after pulling into the driveway I turned off the car and the muffler let off white smoke. This happened when I drove home after getting it welded. It's faint but also smells!

Is this normal? Maybe it'll go away?

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's not good make sure like others said take back and ask what did the shop do or they placed it too close to something else and the muffler is now burning off wherever is touching it-if so that is really bad and they need to fix that ASAP.

·
Registered
1999 CRV Lx
610 Posts
Chances are it's just like kazoo2u said, just some antitrust spray it had from factory to keep it nice and shiny if it stays sitting on a warehouse for to long.

Take a look around the weld work( if welded) and around the muffler itself, stormrockie has a point.
Make sure its not touching plastic or anything that can deform or catch fire.

If it still smoking for more than 2 or 3 days, bring it back like Thedarkknight suggested.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Exhaust products from reputable shops are warrantied. My prior vehicle had an full aftermarket exhaust and I needed an adjustment done, so I went back... it was covered under a limited lifetime warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts