Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My oil has fuel smell too - leaving forums

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Carbuff2 
#1 ·
Adding this to lend my voice to the oil dilution discussion. I have a 2018 CRV (Indiana plant) that I purchased at the beginning of August. I live in SC, so definitely not in a cold climate. At around 2500 miles, I started detecting a fuel odor in my oil. I compared with the two other 4 cylinder vehicles we own--2008 Acura TSX and 2009 VW Tiguan. The Tig is similar to the Honda engine in that it is DI and has a turbo. Have never detected a fuel odor in the Acura or VW.

I'm at about 5000 miles now and will probably take the CRV into the dealer to have them inspect and change the oil to get something on record. Will also reach out to Honda about it for good measure.

I appreciate folks posting their experiences about this to help me be more informed.

I will be leaving the forums after this post. I find it odd that the forum needs sitters to monitor the posts and close them when folks get their feelings hurt or don't like where the topic has ventured. This is a form of control and suppression of speech that does not help in matters such as this. If anything, we need a large collective voice on this topic and me too posts.

I wish you all the best with your CRV!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.