Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found pics of my previous 2 CR-V's I owned - the first one 1997 and a 2003. Enjoy! crv.jpg crv03.jpg

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Those are all great looking vehicles. How many miles did they have when y'all decided to get rid of them?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Still have this one and it has 292,000 miles on it.
IMG_0074.jpg IMG_0075.jpg

·
Registered
623 Posts
Still have this one and it has 292,000 miles on it.
View attachment 87841 View attachment 87849
WOW, that looks amazing! I just sold my 02 EX with 192k on it. It looked nowhere neat as good as yours but I got $4250. for it. This is my third CR-V and there are still things I prefer in the 2nd gen vs. all the others. Except for all the safety features and bluetooth and carplay, if I could find a good 06 (last yr for 2nd gen) EX-L I believe I would buy it. I'm "liking" my new one a lot, but still not "loving" it. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The quality is still evident in every one!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
WOW, that looks amazing! I just sold my 02 EX with 192k on it. It looked nowhere neat as good as yours but I got $4250. for it. This is my third CR-V and there are still things I prefer in the 2nd gen vs. all the others. Except for all the safety features and bluetooth and carplay, if I could find a good 06 (last yr for 2nd gen) EX-L I believe I would buy it. I'm "liking" my new one a lot, but still not "loving" it. Oh well.
Like you I find there were things to love about the past models. We just followed a Gen 1 tonight that was in extremely good condition. I find the early models "cute". But, when I got my 2012 I LOVED that car. It was my most favorite vehicle I think I ever owned. Well, when new I loved my 2001 Nissan Xterra too. Thing is we love cars that meet our needs at that particular time. When I bought the Xterra I needed heavy duty, pull a trailer and gas was cheap. Time passes and we need to move on with the times.

I, as with you, liked my 2017 when I first go it but didn't particularly love it as I had my 2012. I am going on six months and several thousands of mile living with it and I find I have grown attached to it. Its not the cute little car CR-V's use to be however. But it is a very competent and well done vehicle with LOTS of features to like. The car I really love at our house is my wife's little Pear White 2015 EX-L Fit. That is one lovely little vehicle for scooting around town in. We use the "big car" (as my wife calls the CR-V) for travel as its much nicer on a trip.

One of the tests I read from one of the major publications expressed it well: The CR-V didn't make them fall in love and go crazy about the car, but after sending it back they missed all the things it did well. As they said, its a highly competent vehicle and its hard to beat over-all in its class. Its just not a car that makes you go crazy and say "WOW" over. I agree with that thought. I can't think of any other car I would take over it but it doesn't make my heart race when I see it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
There are a few nicks and a couple of parking lot dents and the edge of the hood has a little road rash. One tiny paint chip by the passenger side headlight, but zero rust or surface rust. Front bumper has a scrape under the headlight and right side was scraped by a lady in an Odyssey in a parking lot, but other than that it is pretty good. All original paint and interior. Steering wheel is showing age where I grip it, thought of getting a leather wrap. Original clutch too. I'm keeping it to see how far it will go, only put about $3000 over regular maintenance and wear any tear parts since it was new. Our 2004 Pilot with 191K isn't quite this nice though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts