Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just purchased my second 2014 CR-V EX (used). My first one was also a 2014 EX purchased brand new, but it was totaled in a 7 car pile up this summer. We were the middle car and my wife, 3 yr old, and 1 year old were in the car. Air bags deployed, but no injuries at all for anyone in our car. Since safety is our primary concern, I wanted an identical replacement.

I would have purchased a 2015 or 2016 new, but I was put off by the vibration issues, touchscreen, and some other design decisions.

I'm happy to be back in a CR-V, it drives like a dream and looks sharp.

I am very much into DIY mods. I installed air horns (with tank & compressor) in my last car and plan on doing the same with this one, possible adding a bigger air tank. I will try to post a tutorial. I also did the high beams+low beams+fog lights mod that I found on this site. I am currently in the process of upgrading all my interior and exterior lights to LEDs.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,874 Posts
Hello all. I just purchased my second 2014 CR-V EX (used). My first one was also a 2014 EX purchased brand new, but it was totaled in a 7 car pile up this summer. We were the middle car and my wife, 3 yr old, and 1 year old were in the car. Air bags deployed, but no injuries at all for anyone in our car. Since safety is our primary concern, I wanted an identical replacement.

I would have purchased a 2015 or 2016 new, but I was put off by the vibration issues, touchscreen, and some other design decisions.

I'm happy to be back in a CR-V, it drives like a dream and looks sharp.

I am very much into DIY mods. I installed air horns (with tank & compressor) in my last car and plan on doing the same with this one, possible adding a bigger air tank. I will try to post a tutorial. I also did the high beams+low beams+fog lights mod that I found on this site. I am currently in the process of upgrading all my interior and exterior lights to LEDs.
Wow! I'm glad to hear that the V did it's job and protected your family. Congrats on being back in a V and I'm very interested in a tutorial for the air horns.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad you and family ok.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Welcome.

My 2000 CRV was also written off in an accident without injury! And that’s one of the reasons I keep going back to the CRV, other than super duper reliability!

Smart choice!

·
Vendor
533 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great to have another CR-V owner here. Share with us few pictures when you have a chance. There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts