Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my CR-V's new tyres which were fitted this week. The pics were taken bright and early this morning. Also couldn't resist doing a mini photo shoot while I was at it! :wink:

Tyres are Pirelli Scorpion STR's, in stock size 205/70/R15.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I thought long and hard about going bigger and wider on some Yokohama Geolandar GO51's but just couldn't justify the much higher cost of the Yokos plus having to get a 5th tyre for the spare so the sizes all match. Besides, the Pirelli's were on special and the price was just too good to pass up.

Anyway, the Pirelli's are quite good - quieter than the OEM Duelers for sure, although not as quiet as I would have liked as there is still abit of road noise especially from the rear. I suspect this is just the way the CR-V is. All of our other Honda's are also the same. If there's one thing I wish Honda would do, it is to improve NVH levels in their otherwise perfect vehicles!

I also find the Pirelli's to be better handling and provide more control of the car in general over the Duelers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. Almost five years later, it is now time to get new tyres again. The Pirellis which looked so nice and new in the above pics are now getting kinda "tired"!

We've had alot of rain and flash flooding recently and unfortunately with two out of the four tyres on the CR-V almost bald, my wife reported it aquaplaned slightly with both our kids in the back. Not good!! So while I am on holidays this week, I will acquire a new set of tyres.

Strongly considering Michelin Latitude Tour HP this time around. What do you think?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Those look very nice. You replaced the spare tire as well?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, well, I got some new tyres fitted today. I had ordered some Yokohama Geolandar G051 HT-S in stock size but when I got there they had the wrong tyres!! So they suggested Yokohama Geolandar G012 AT-S (All Terrains) for the same price (normally abit more expensive apparently).

I had not done prior research on the G012 so was hesitant going ahead but what choice did I have? They had already pulled off my old Pirellis. I was after a QUIET running tyre and the G051's seemed to fit the bill going by internet reviews. The shop said I can try the G012's out for 30 days and if not happy bring them back and they will get the G051's in for no charge. So we'll see how we go.

In the meantime, if anybody has any opinions of the G012 and can advise real world experience, please inform me!

Here are some pics of the G012's. They certainly give the gen 1 V abit of a tougher look! What do you think?

At the tyre shop getting done:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Absolutely love the Geolandar look. Especially the All Terrain version you have on. That's a nice beefy look too! I'm a fan of the ATR and larger tire look. I know some people prefer otherwise.

2 years ago I had the choice between these and my Pirelli Scorpion ATR's. I was surprised to find that they made the Scorpion ATR's in the stock 205 70/15 size at the time. Chose the Pirellis so you'll have to update with your thoughts on these ones so I know what they are like!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have Firestone Destination All-terrains and I love them. Those look great on that V. Only real thing I can say is you're probably going to notice a bit of a MPG drop, though those (like the firestones) are pretty good and probably won't create a ton of resistance. Just remember that all terrains are typically heavier and rotational weight is a quick MPG killer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Geolandar A/T-S on both vehicles ('07 Element and '07 CR-V) and while I love the looks and the wet traction, they are without a doubt the LOUDEST tires I have ever owned. They weren't bad when first installed but have gotten progressively worse...they are VERY long wearing though...the set on the CR-V has 55k on them and will easliy get another 10k before showing the bars...which is unfortunate because they are the first set of tires I've ever wished for to hurry up and wear out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts