Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, thank you for your help. Would anyone know the name of the grey paint or paint code for the Honda CR-V standard steel wheels.

I have a 2013 but I think the grey steel wheel color is universal for most CR-V model years. Thank you once more.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Most likeley Alabaster Silver Metallic, available from your Honda dealer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I inherited our '09 CRV when we got the wife a new Pilot, and the steel wheels were looking pretty rough. I was on the verge of repainting them when I saw "Imposter" Wheel Skins (basically oem specific chrome plated hubcaps), and the price (~ $50) made the cost of paint and labor seem worth a try. I personally think they look great, and from 10' away or 10mph you honestly can't tell that they are not actual chrome rims. They fit the oem wheel perfectly and have a cutout in the center that allows the Honda badge to show through with the appearance it is a centercap. They appear to be of decent quality and I've been driving with them since this spring and they have not shown any wear or chips, and I suspect they will last a while. One of the best low dollar investments I've made to the V's appearance. Google "Imposter Wheelskins" and you will find several vendors and images online (I got mine through Amazon). Just another option if you were so inclined.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you TomKatt, I never knew about this, a great idea especially with regard to, as mentioned, cost of paint and time to do the job, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts