Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members,
Recently picked up a 1999 Milano Red EX in the rare 5spd! Absolutely, love the car as its very useful and has some cool features.
I have been slowly removing all my plastics, seats, and interior trim pieces for a deep cleaning. I removed the windshield wiper cowl and cleaned out all the pine needles and gunk that was trapped in there (it was disgusting, took about 2 hours). While the hood was popped I noticed towards the left (passenger firewall area) side of the engine bay there is a Styrofoam filter type thing that looks pretty dirty. Here is a picture of what it looks like from the inside as you can see it from the glovebox.

uncut.jpg

My question is can I replace this part? What is the part number or how Do I remove it properly to clean it at least.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Not much help, but I think that is the door that opens and closes when you switch between fresh air and recirculate.

Also, if you have it apart that far be sure to pull that bottom bar off and change the cabin air filter and vacuum it out. It is the black strip running vertical just to the left of your circle.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think that is the damper for the fresh air inlet. If you cycle between recirc and fresh air it should move.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I ordered one its otw to me. Can you believe they charge you $20 +tax for a part that cost $7 shipped online?
I'll replace it as soon as it arrives. Ill update the post when I figure out how to remove that re-circulating filter.
I also picked up my climate control bulbs today ($21 at Honda for two tiny bulbs) Lol.

·
Registered
895 Posts
If you look at your picture, you'll see a yellow looking piece of tape to the left of that circle you drew. That is the cover for the cabin air filter. To get it out you will have to remove the bar that the glove box bolts to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already replaced the cabin filter. I am wondering if there is an easy way to remove the heater blower filter that I have circled.

·
Registered
895 Posts
That's not a filter. It is the damper that closes off the fresh air intake. And if I had to guess I would say you are going to have to completely remove the whole assembly and take it apart to get that out. Honestly, there is probably no need to replace it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts