Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an 18 AWD Touring. Car has 9,000 miles.
CRV has been flawless thus far and I’m very happy with it.
Went to dealer today. Got an oil change, tire rotation and overall check.
I asked about a navigation update.
They said I should be getting a usb with the updated files in the mail before year end with instructions to update.
Anyone heard of this?
Thank you.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,182 Posts
Obviously another clueless salesman. You have to update the navi yourself. It consists of installing Garmin express software on your home computer for downloading the updates. Getting a usb flash drive and following the instructions provided by Honda at this website to install the downloaded map to your CRV.
https://honda.garmin.com/honda/site;jsessionid=89766A442606B68726383914AADD3DD3

BTW there is an update with the 2019 map available for download now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Obviously another clueless salesman. You have to update the navi yourself. It consists of installing Garmin express software on your home computer for downloading the updates. Getting a usb flash drive and following the instructions provided by Honda at this website to install the downloaded map to your CRV.
https://honda.garmin.com/honda/site;jsessionid=89766A442606B68726383914AADD3DD3

BTW there is an update with the 2019 map available for download now.
Didn’t work. I have a 2017 with 2 USB ports in the console. Which one?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The USB update only works in 2015 and up?

I've been able to update all my cars by myself. The Honda navi page says that 2014 (2VN3 head unit) can only be updated at the dealer. Wtf.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't know about Gen 4, but Gen 3 used a CD-based system. You could go to the dealer, or order the disc directly from Honda. Either way, it was expensive (I believe I paid $150 when I upgraded mine).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I know, I owned a Gen3 and did the updates via DL-DVD that could be ordered. Now it says "Talk to your dealer".

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
The USB update only works in 2015 and up?

I've been able to update all my cars by myself. The Honda navi page says that 2014 (2VN3 head unit) can only be updated at the dealer. Wtf.
Times Change. :) That does not help you for your 2014 though.

Like how the new Honda Accords can have their HUs updated at home via the home owners wireless connection.

I think as time goes on... more and more of these software updates will be done by the owners at home, but it requires new implementations into the particular vehicle model. In Honda's case.. they have their various models on different generation update plans.. so they will roll out in phases over time. The newest generation release by Honda of an existing model will always have the latest and greatest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts