Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a used cr-v on a 54(2005)plate in uk
The head unit for the sat navigation (maps) has a message telling me dvd is not installed (see pic below) do I just need to get disc does it need to come with a installation code or anything does it need to match the year of the car or the year we are in ?
20200312_185850.jpg
20200312_185858.jpg

·
2,814 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moved to Mobile Electronics. Search here for relevant posts. I've seen a bunch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
honda built-in navigation units works on factory provided DVDs. These DVDD based gps were designed to be updatable by purchasing the latest gps dvd (note these dvds are year and car model specific).
check your car's gps dvd slot, the dvd disc might still be inside and i suspect that your gps dvd reader is already not working or broken.
I bought an updated dvd for my 08crv EXL since the gps was still working. however i did not buy a new dvd for my 08civicEX since it shows an error similar to what you have.
I recommend you buy the aftermarket radios with android auto/apple carplay. these are easy to install specially the 08 models. the new models are a bit complicated to upgrade the stock radios

Just purchased a used cr-v on a 54(2005)plate in uk
The head unit for the sat navigation (maps) has a message telling me dvd is not installed (see pic below) do I just need to get disc does it need to come with a installation code or anything does it need to match the year of the car or the year we are in ? View attachment 138026 View attachment 138027

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
honda built-in navigation units works on factory provided DVDs. These DVDD based gps were designed to be updatable by purchasing the latest gps dvd (note these dvds are year and car model specific).
check your car's gps dvd slot, the dvd disc might still be inside and i suspect that your gps dvd reader is already not working or broken.
I bought an updated dvd for my 08crv EXL since the gps was still working. however i did not buy a new dvd for my 08civicEX since it shows an error similar to what you have.
I recommend you buy the aftermarket radios with android auto/apple carplay. these are easy to install specially the 08 models. the new models are a bit complicated to upgrade the stock radios
Thankyou for your reply trouble is I really don't know a lot about the working of stereos although I'm quite sufficient at fitting them what I am requiring is a stereo with but not essential navigation cd player preferably reverse camera and connect able to the original controls on the steering wheel not sure if that's too much to ask ? Any help greatly appreciated. My mobile is android if that makes a difference I have no clue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thankyou for your reply trouble is I really don't know a lot about the working of stereos although I'm quite sufficient at fitting them what I am requiring is a stereo with but not essential navigation cd player preferably reverse camera and connect able to the original controls on the steering wheel not sure if that's too much to ask ? Any help greatly appreciated. My mobile is android if that makes a difference I have no clue.
THere should be a car radio service in your area who could do it for you. Just ask for a price quote with no commitments so you could decide if the price is worth the upgrade. but a new radio upgrade is to me is a very good value. all my cars are around ten(10) years old and a simple upgrade to an android auto/apple car play capable radio on my old cars - turned my 3 year old crv looked old compared to the 10 year old 07element/07crv/08civic/13civic with upgraded radio. finally took the jump to upgrade my 2016 crv radio.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Added bonus if you upgrade to branded radios (jvc/sony/kenwood/pioneer) is they have very good RMS\ power ratings that will improve your radio experience even without replacing the stock speakers. I tried to replace the stock speakers without replacing the stock radio - and the sound really is almost the same. So i refrained from upgrading my speakers - i just upgraded my radio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts