Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 CRV.
The navigation voice prompts don't say the names of upcoming streets.
I'm almost sure that it use to.
Is there some setting that I'm missing?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a 2007 EX-L with navigation updated to 2010. And my navigation voice does not say the street names. The street names are on the screen and the voice will tell me when to turn but never mentions a street name. The voice will say, for instance, "go down a 1/4 mile and turn left". so, I have to look at the screen to see what street it is I will be turning on.

Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Epona,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, that is how my system responds also.

But,I believe that my 2009 CRV had the same basic Nav and it would say the street names.

On my 2013 CRV, I have the setting for Guidance prompts set to Max.
But no matter if I have it set on Min, Normal or Max, the prompting is the same.
Was there a downgrade in the system from 2009 to 2013?
I'm wondering if there is a problem with my system.
Is there a way to check or reset it?

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I should ask a simpler question.
Does the navigation system on A 2013 CRV have the capability of saying street names?
If so, how can I get mine to do that?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not an option on the 2013 Navi - it sucks - But the Garmin units do that - that's why I bought a Garmin Lifetime Map unit instead of the annual Honda Map update. At least the wife can input on the Garman while I drive, not so on the CR-V buit-in Navi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2016 CRV touring and the system does not say the street name. However, the navigation system shows the street names but does not help the driver as he/she has to keep an eye on the system as well as drive not good. All other 2016 including the pilot has the new GARMIN Navi and is awesome say street name sings for you LOL etc. I cannot believe that HONDA did not include in the 2016 CRV as they are the hottest item in their Inventory. Go figure. Yes they will include the new Garmin technology in the 2017 CRV. So guys do not buy the 2016 CRV touring wait for 2017 you should se it by the end of this year. Happy CRVing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts