Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 CR-V with factory nav system installed. It's been working well, but the pan button is failing. This is button in the top right corner than you can use to pan the map in 4 compass direction (up, down, left, right). The directions don't all fail at once: at first it's only down, and now it's up and right too. Only panning left is still working now. (By failing, I mean there's no response and the map doesn't move. I'd guess some contact wears out).

Has anyone seen this before? Did you try to fix it, and if so how hard was it? I'd hate to throw away a perfectly functioning NAV just because of one broken button, but the thing is I do like the panning function (when I need to look around and find direction to an ad-hoc place on the map), so the loss of it is rather annoying.

Thanks for any pointer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I tried to see if I can detach the navigator main unit (the part that slips out when you press on "Open" button) in order to open. But the screws are really soft, I don't know what they're made of but they seem really soft and they strip easily (I used a #0 phillips for the 2 biggest screws). There are some other smaller screws that I didn't try, since I'll probably strip their threads as well. The smaller screws probably will need #00 or #000 phillipps.

So at this time I guess I'm out of option. Not being able to open, I don't see a way to check or clean the contact. Maybe there's some solution I can spray in that does the job for me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts