Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking for a good mechanic preferably in the Queens/Long Island area for basic repairs i.e. brakes and other items that don't need dealer trained mechanics any suggestions my dads mechanic is good with his prices for long time customers but he really screwed me on an alignment that wasn't so straight plus his brake work on my dad's car is suspect.

·
Registered
264 Posts
my mom brings her car to this guy in new hyde park area over by LIJ and union turnpike if that's not too far i can get the name of the guy for you- my mom and her friends swear he's a good honest guy. He's been truthful with my mom on a few different things with her car, she seems to like him! lemme know if that's not too far- kinda in between queens and li.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my mom brings her car to this guy in new hyde park area over by LIJ and union turnpike if that's not too far i can get the name of the guy for you- my mom and her friends swear he's a good honest guy. He's been truthful with my mom on a few different things with her car, she seems to like him! lemme know if that's not too far- kinda in between queens and li.
Sure get me the name that seems pretty good I am probably going to my dads mechanic in Jamaica on Queens Blvd. Key auto, I am looking for someone for my mom she needs someone aside from the dealer (she, similar to most people dosen't know anything about car maintenance and is a bit too trusting with the dealer)and I think she probably is going to be pushed aside by Bimmers and Porsche's at my friends shop I went to school with the guy and he barley looks at my car.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you're not totally turned off to having a dealer do it would you be able to make it to New Brunswick? If you can, you can take it to Open Road Honda and ask for Mike to do all your repairs. He's very good and their whole service dept is top notch. You'll still have to go through the dealer obviously but their labor rates are competative and you're sure to get all OEM parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts