Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Advice On Cloth Door Armrest & Cloth Middle Console, Always have white Stains!

Hello Everyone!

I just purchased a 2016 SE model about 2 months ago. And it came with Black Cloth on the door arm rest and middle console.
For protection, I sprayed them with Scotchgard. Lately, I have noticed that the door cloth armrest and console always have white marking stains on them. I have used the Tuff fabric cleaner on them and took it out. But it always comes back.
Anyone having this problems? It is getting annoying. I have tried alot and just can't fix the problem.
Does anyone have any ideas such as replacing the cloth on the arm rests & console? I have looked at Ebay and some are selling the leather for the middle console. But could not find any for the door armrest. I was wondering if there were other CRV models that did not come with Cloth on both armrests? And maybe, I can order the OEM parts thru the dealer.

Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly sure of what the white markings are but I have them on mine too. My first guess is.....skin.
Yes, no matter what we do , everytime our skin touches the cloth it marks it. That is why I was looking for a solution or even a better replacement.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had this problem on my 02 Ford Ranger and my 09 Civic EX coupe.

My solution both times was to replace the arm rests and center console covers with leather. I had them custom made for the Ranger and I bought OEM Honda parts for my Civic.

The 2016 Touring black leather driver's and passenger door arm rests are $30 retail. The center console cover ( sold as an assembly) is $130 retail. These prices can be much lower (about $22ea & $94) if the parts are purchased online or your local dealer will price match.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The 2016 Touring black leather driver's and passenger door arm rests are $30 retail. The center console cover ( sold as an assembly) is $130 retail. These prices can be much lower (about $22ea & $94) if the parts are purchased online or your local dealer will price match.
Thank You, I'm going to check on this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
RRSpikes, would you happen to have any part numbers for the items above?
Thanks
Normally I'd be able to look them up quickly but I'm in a building with poor cell/data signal right now.

Go to the different online dealers and input the 2016 EX-L or Touring info in the drop downs and it will give you the part numbers.

The door armrests are listed under "front door lining" and the center armrest is listed under "console".

Some online dealers are:

Hondapartsnow.com
Hondapartssales.com
Hondapartsunlimited.com
Collegehillshonda.com

There are many, many others.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Normally I'd be able to look them up quickly but I'm in a building with poor cell/data signal right now.

Go to the different online dealers and input the 2016 EX-L or Touring info in the drop downs and it will give you the part numbers.

The door armrests are listed under "front door lining" and the center armrest is listed under "console".

Some online dealers are:

Hondapartsnow.com
Hondapartssales.com
Hondapartsunlimited.com
Collegehillshonda.com

There are many, many others.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts