Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking at buying EX model only because of how much I don't like the steel wheels on the lx. But finally found a deal I couldn't refuse and pulled the trigger on a Silver 2013 CRV LX. Anyone here have any experience buying custom wheels or rims? What looks good on this vehicle "(don't want to look tricked out just sporty). Can you install 17' inch rims if you buy new tires? Let me know. Hoping to sell the existing to make some money back.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,724 Posts
Look on a tire size chart to ensure that the overall diameter of any new wheel/tire combo is the same as your present wheels. I use this one but there are plenty on the 'net.

http://www.powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi

Regards rims look at Craigslist or E bay if you want Honda wheels, or a local wheel refinisher like this one:
http://www.wheelcollision.com/

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX-L
163 Posts
You might try checking out tirerack.com as they have the ability to show you what the wheels will look like on your vehicle.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,758 Posts
I bought some 2015 TLX rims and tires that barely had any tread wear for $550 and sold my LX steelies for $110. Also bought some Honda center caps for $26. They look awesome on my 2016 CRV.
Let's see some pictures of your CRV with them on!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello There.

Try to install exact size is written on the driver door Jam. Mine is 2012 CRV EXL and it originally came with 225/65/R17 and when I installed 225/65/R17. MPG got worse and your speed is not accurate also, your speedometer shows 70 Miles but your actual speed will be around 71-72 miles. I regretted that installed 1 size larger…. Terrible MPG! Remember Large/wide tires take more energy to spin… Just stick whatever manufacturer recommends and you will get best power and MPG…. You also can check this website. https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Capture.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought some 2015 TLX rims and tires that barely had any tread wear for $550 and sold my LX steelies for $110. Also bought some Honda center caps for $26. They look awesome on my 2016 CRV.
Let's see some pictures of your CRV with them on!
The TLX tires are 225/55/17, whereas, the CRV is 225/65/17 so it looks kind of small. So I have to wait until these go bald before I get the right size.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sporty wheels for U ?

2013 Honda CR-V EX-L Optional Wheels are Good Looking 17 inches with TPMS. Well cared for by a proud Honda owner, like new.

Excellent condition 17x6.5 Honda CRV alloy wheels rims for 2003 - 2018 ALY64040. Complete set of four, 10 spoke premium Upgraded Wheel Option with Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors and Honda center caps.

Bridgestone Dueler H/P 225/65/R17 102T M+S. Tires aren't new but still have miles of usable tread life.

Bolt pattern fits a wide range of foreign and domestic vehicles.

Manufacturer number : 42700T0AA82
Bolt Pattern : 5x114.3 mm or 5x4.5 in
Finish powder coat silver

Honda washed and dried if ever seen rain before stored. Vehicle spent most of it's time stored in a climate controlled garage. These eye catching rims have been stored since removed from the SUV.

Interested in letting right new owner drive away with them if you or someone is going to add a newer style and add appealing looks increasing value too❗ :auto:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts