Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new to the forum and sorry I did not know where else to post this but need some advice. I just in the past few weeks purchased a 21 Black Crv Touring. This past week I had parking sensors installed by the dealership. During the install the one servicing my car drilled holes into the rear side panels instead of my bumper. The dealership claimed fault and agreed to replace them. However once getting my car back it was late and couldn't see all the issues with my car. I did notice some surface scratches which I told them about but now I find that one of the parking sensors were not fully inserted properly and can allow water to seep into the front bumper, the back bumper has scratches around one of the sensors, one of the panels has paint bubbling. I am contacting them tomorrow and trying to make them fix it. If I have to take things further what would you all say would be the best way to go forward? I will post pics of the issues I found. 1st is the scuffs made by the installer, 2nd is the gap in the senor housing, 3rd is the bubbling of the paint, hopefully they can show up well, thank you in advance.
Hood Automotive lighting Grey Automotive exterior Automotive design
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Grey

Textile Sleeve Gesture Eyewear T-shirt

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,077 Posts
Id be demanding a brand new install and new bumpers too.

That is SHOCKINGLY poor. :oops: How you accepted to drive off seeing that is beyond me.

I would be volcanic with rage.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,493 Posts
Shockingly bad service here.

They broke it, they have to fix it.

And if they balk even a tiny bit... call Honda Customer Support and report the dealership, and demand Honda Corporate step in and make it right if the dealer won't do so on their own.

Service Manager at the dealership clearly allows this sort of shoddy work to be turned over to customers, so in my view.. they need to be fired if they do not jump head over heels to make this right for you.

Personally, I would report this event to Honda even if the dealer does make good on this.... because they never should have let it be returned to you in that condition. What they did reflects poorly on the Honda brand and Honda is pretty hard on dealers that tarnish the brand name.

And find a better dealer if you have choices where you live.

At my dealer the service rep that rights the work order for me goes out with me and checks my vehicle visually to insure nothing was damaged while in their service bays, and we both agree, before they hand me back the keys. Heh... and they also check your vehicle closely when you come in for service too and record any body blemishes or damage (because sadly some people will try to take their goodwill and attention to detail and try to slip body damage past them and then claim the dealership did it).

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
251 Posts
Poor service indeed ! Hopefully you will be able to contact someone today (Saturday). I would show them the problem areas, inform them of what you want corrected and ask how them intend to proceed to take care of you -- the customer.
If you are not fully satisfied I would contact Honda Customer Service, as already suggested. I suspect that the Service Manager is not aware of this and hopeful that he/she will help you with the problem. Good luck

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Dealer installs can be hit-or-miss. There's a guy that had the dealer install a hitch on his CX-5 a couple years ago. Take a look at the outcome:

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

They replaced his bumper and had it properly done. I'm sure Honda will do the same for you. It just stinks that you will have a repainted bumper.

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
251 Posts
Dealer installs can be hit-or-miss. There's a guy that had the dealer install a hitch on his CX-5 a couple years ago. Take a look at the outcome:

View attachment 150619

They replaced his bumper and had it properly done. I'm sure Honda will do the same for you. It just stinks that you will have a repainted bumper.
And there we go folks --- Can't fix stupid ! What was the dealership thinking ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, the dealership has agreed to fix the issues and repaint my panels. So hopefully this time it will go smoothly. They admitted to trying to "rush" the install process, which obviously was a huge mistake.

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
251 Posts
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, the dealership has agreed to fix the issues and repaint my panels. So hopefully this time it will go smoothly. They admitted to trying to "rush" the install process, which obviously was a huge mistake.
Well that's good news. Typical -- not enough time to do it right the first time but plenty of time to do it twice.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,077 Posts
Whatever you do, do NOT drive off their forecourt until you have inspected the car to your satisfaction.

If that takes you three hours on their property, so be it. And take someone else with you so a second pair of eyes can cast over their work too.

Reactions: JB in AZ
1 - 14 of 14 Posts