Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Need advice!

428 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  jadmt
Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable? I have been quoted $850 + tax for a Spark Plug and Valve Adjustment service for my 2016 Honda CRV - 4 cylinder vehicle as it approaches 100,000 miles.

Also have been quoted $289 + tax for the Serpentine Belt Replacement.

If these prices aren't reasonable, can you tell me what is? Thank you.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
2022 CRV EX FWD 2022 Chevy Colorado
3,244 Posts
That definitely sounds like normal dealership prices but I definitely don’t think they are reasonable. Can you DIY? The spark plugs are the easiest maintenance on your list. How about try and local shop?

· Registered
169 Posts
Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable? I have been quoted $850 + tax for a Spark Plug and Valve Adjustment service for my 2016 Honda CRV - 4 cylinder vehicle as it approaches 100,000 miles.

Also have been quoted $289 + tax for the Serpentine Belt Replacement.

If these prices aren't reasonable, can you tell me what is? Thank you.
Go to an independent shop for half the price or less.

· Registered
53 Posts
Ridiculous but typical dealer prices! Plugs are an extremely easy DYI and the serpentine belt is not all that difficult. If you don't want to try the DYI route, definitely shop around for an independent mechanic, it shouldn't cost anywhere near what the dealer is asking

· Registered
505 Posts
Ridiculous but typical dealer prices! Plugs are an extremely easy DYI and the serpentine belt is not all that difficult. If you don't want to try the DYI route, definitely shop around for an independent mechanic, it shouldn't cost anywhere near what the dealer is asking
Plugs easy? Yes, unless they are seized then there is the possibility of breaking them off. I had to stop trying to do a plug change because I didn't want it to turn into a head remove job (yes I know the tricks). Jobs that seem easy can sometimes turn into a mess. Been there many times.

· Registered
2011 EXL & 2015 EX
663 Posts
Just did that to my new to me- but very used 15 ex with 111k miles at a local independent Honda shop- $850.92
I am the 3 owner and apparently it missed some service.
-a/c filter
-oil & filter and ck over MA id/B125 (?- hard to read)
-transmission service w/cvt fluid
-brake fluid service
-coolant service
-r&r drive belt
-r&r valve covr gasket& spark plugs

I have personally known the folks who run this shop for 30+ years. They did tell me that a few of these items could wait a while- but are past due.

But you are approaching 100k miles- you have plenty of time to "shop around".

· Registered
240 Posts
The belt is easy to replace. I recently replaced my daughters i a parking lot after a rodent chewed it and it broke. OEM belt was like $35 give or take. should be less than an hour of shop labor. I found pulling the front passenger tire made it really easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts