Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Yellowstone,

I just bought a '13 CRV with a bare roof. Loving it so far! But the lack of bars was a drag. I am looking at cross bars, since I have a Thule ski rack that should attach. Was looking at the Rhino Rack Aero Bar roof rack, but then checked on Amazon and there are similar sounding products for a third or less of the price (Spec D, Alavente, Auxmart...) Any recommendations or ones to avoid? It does look like many of the cheaper cross bars need to be installed on factory rails. Know of any others, like the Rhino, that don't? Am I better off getting after market side rails to attach to, or just going with the pricier cross rails? I have a soft carrier right now, but at some point may go in for a cargo style rack, so that could be a consideration, but mostly, just need my skis out of my console!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just bought the crossbars for my '12 CRV EX-L from Amazon; they were OEM and fit perfectly. You shouldn't go wrong with ordering from Amazon...but I would make sure it states "OEM". Check the reviews on them also.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I just bought the crossbars for my '12 CRV EX-L from Amazon; they were OEM and fit perfectly. You shouldn't go wrong with ordering from Amazon...but I would make sure it states "OEM". Check the reviews on them also.
Good luck
Will you provide a link?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks--wondering if anyone has just the cross bars? If I bought the above side rails, THEN cross bars for my Thule ski rack, it'll get pretty pricey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts