Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks .....
Joined up to ask the Million Dollar Question .....
Drove a new 2020 CRV. .... and loved it ......BUT ...came home and had a fast education about what's going on with the 1.5 T problems ..... Especially No Heat .....Cripes !!!

Buy a 20 ....??? Or wait until they REALLY fix this whole thing ????
I really don't want to move to a PassPort and not sure if it shares the same Infotainment system which is a problem in the Odyssey and Pilot .....!!!
( Class Action Lawsuit Problem ...!!!)

So it's getting tough to stay with Honda ...???

1. Advice......Please ....!?!??

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm not so fond of Honda anymore, and I've bought Hondas since an Accord Coupe in 1988. If you really want a 2020, wait until January when the hybrid comes out. That eliminates the poorly designed 1.5T.

I do prefer a Pilot or especially the Passport so I can get a V6, but that ZF transmission turns me off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty much what I keep winding up with myself
It's just driving me nuts because the CRV is sized perfect, priced right, and had CVT that felt decent ....

·
Registered
429 Posts
2yrs of flawless ownership here.
No od issues, nothing.

if my car was totalled i’d buy another one with zero hesitation.

just got 38.9mpg
On a 4 hour roadtrip from nj to upstate ny
With two adults, our daughter n trunk full of stuff AND i have heavy accord touring 19x8.5” on it lol

Stop and go traffic sometimws u want morw power but on the highway it shows why u see them everywhere

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2018 Touring CR-V, have had zero problems with oil dilution and have a perfectly working heater, great vehicle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you get Actual Heat pretty quick in the car ....???
Lot of good having a remote start feature to start defrosting the windshield with no heat ...???
This is a real engineering Fubar !?!??
Are you in the Northeast ???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't understand how this can be a hit or miss problem ...!?!??
We will be at a stage where it will be primarily short distance driving....
Apparently that's not good and hard on any engine .... but if this one is especially dainty .....It's like gambling with 37k and 5 or 6 years of payments ....!??

·
Registered
429 Posts
Do you get Actual Heat pretty quick in the car ....???
Lot of good having a remote start feature to start defrosting the windshield with no heat ...???
This is a real engineering Fubar !?!??
Are you in the Northeast ???
I auto start ours every morning
About 7/8 minutes before i drive my daughter to kindergarten about 2 miles away and its warming up by the time i pull out of the spot and toasty by the time we are in drop off line.
I also have heated steering wheel and seat heaters going which takes the chill off that

i’m in nj and have snow storms, cold temps etc

based on how u respond on all these positive responses i think u should go buy something else.
I cant take reading more complaining after you buy it when you’re already doing it before hand

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Excuse me
But are you Out of Your Mind ?
It's a Car Forum , Not an English Class
Maybe You Should Find Something Else to Do, Like Mute Yourself !!!!!!!
Since there is an ignore option, if someone does something to annoy another member they might end up being ignored. And sometimes you don't even know you are being ignored.

:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have a 2018 Tourning, zero problems with heat or dilution. Heats up quickly, and great gas mileage. There are very few with problems compared with how many have been sold. You will be happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am with Wildcat on this, I am not so hot on Honda vehicles any more, my 2014 was my last CRV which we still own, but due to CVT trans I am done with Crv's, I was thinking of upgrading to a new Passport til I saw the cylinder deactivation has been implemented in the V6 for awhile. Not for me either, we may be down to Toyota vehicles soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Folks .....
Drove a new 2020 CRV. .... and loved it ......BUT ...came home and had a fast education about what's going on with the 1.5 T problems ..... Especially No Heat .....Cripes !!!

I really don't want to move to a PassPort and not sure if it shares the same Infotainment system which is a problem in the Odyssey and Pilot .....!!!

Go see what Scotty Kilmer has to say on YouTube. He definitely seems to know a lot about cars!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am with Wildcat on this, I am not so hot on Honda vehicles any more, my 2014 was my last CRV which we still own, but due to CVT trans I am done with Crv's, I was thinking of upgrading to a new Passport til I saw the cylinder deactivation has been implemented in the V6 for awhile. Not for me either, we may be down to Toyota vehicles soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The CRV on the 20 was excellent
Very smooth and powerful compared to the HRV in 16 ....That's a nightmare !!!
Thanks for the heads up on the Passport. Was seriously considering that but the speedometer and Infotainment Screens are winking out and freezing .... No REAL FIX as usual by Honda ....
Plus some left over transmission issues ....for 44k .... Naw...!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought one in October, live in Boston, no issues whatsoever, hope it stays that way. Acceleration is great, gas mpg is great, heat is great. Oh my word there must be something wrong with me, I’m mid 60’s and have nothing to complain about.
just kidding there, but seriously, this car is great.
Can’t get any close to this for the money. I got a 2019 EXL AWD listed for a little over 32000.00, they discounted it to 28,000.00 and I got 12,000 for my 2013 crv in trade with 2.9 financing. I did buy the Hondacare at 1120.00, that‘s for 84 months and 125,000 miles I believe.

Hi Folks .....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts