Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't actually own a CR-V but wanted to get a gift for a friend who does. She has a 2010 EX-L (from snooping the VIN number so I hope this is correct). I was hoping to get her an ipod shuffle and have it connect to her stock stereo system. I can't for the life of me find any pictures of what the actually auxillary ports look like. Also, I'm getting conflicting info on whether or not an ipod shuffle could be support if it can be connected. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is what it looks like

and it takes just a regular Aux cable, nothing special.

as for what is compatibility, I don't know because I'm still trying to enjoy what's left of my free XM subscription. But I don't think you'll run into any compatibility problems with the aux port.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to get too needy, but this is exactly the problem I've been having. Plenty of pics online of a capped aux port...I need specifics. So, I don't want to make assumptions from your second picture...do you mean a 1/8" Stereo jack? Like headphone?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate to get too needy, but this is exactly the problem I've been having. Plenty of pics online of a capped aux port...I need specifics. So, I don't want to make assumptions from your second picture...do you mean a 1/8" Stereo jack? Like headphone?

The Aux input pictured above is a 1/8" female stereo input behind that cover, yes.

As to if the 2010 EX-L's USB connection supports a shuffle, I don't know.

Perhaps someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
yeah like a regular headphone jack. make sure it's a stereo wire and not mono, or else you'll run into problems with sound output

The Aux input pictured above is a 1/8" female stereo input behind that cover, yes.

As to if the 2010 EX-L's USB connection supports a shuffle, I don't know.

Perhaps someone else can chime in.
This does not work on the USB. I've tried mine.

This did work on the USB. Ipod Classic. However i didn't test whether or not i was able to control the ipod using my headunit.

BUT keep in mind the OP was asking about the Aux input not the USB input.

To dhawker: which shuffle were you planning on buying? if it's the same one i have (3rd gen), then i'll be happy to test out the compatibility with the Aux input for you.
Here's a pic of generations 1-4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts