Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Need help identifying a part

557 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  chidog
Hi all,

Need help identifying what the part circled in red is called. This is a photo of a transmission with the drain plug to the right for reference. The black cover to the transmission is what I need the name for if there’ll is a specific name for it. I’m interested in learning more about its purpose and why it’s designed that way. Seems kind of simple and doesn’t seem to cover the transmission well, but I don’t know much about it.

Automotive tire Electrical wiring Gas Wire Auto part
See less See more
1 - 3 of 7 Posts
Inspection cover?
Thanks! That helped me find it online. Apparently it’s also called flywheel dust cover.
Now that I know what the name of the part is…

Is it common to have a slow leak around the edges of this cover and what is it from?

thanks for all the help!
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 7 Posts