Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the starter on my 2004 CR-V. When unhooking stuf to take out the manifold, I broke several vacuum ports (without a whole lot of effort, I might add). I discovered that one of the affected parts was an "Intake Air Bypass Control Thermal Valve", but I am having trouble identifying the other part.

It's on the passenger side of the engine, and it has vacuum lines that that go to the side of the intake manifold (from the bottom of the part), and to the rotary valve assembly from the side. It also has an electrical connector and it is attached to the head, not the manifold. It is (or should I say, was) mounted in a a funky square metal frame that is attached to the engine by a single screw, which is facing backwards and difficult to unscrew (tight space). I shouldn't be surprised by the feat of lousy engineering considering the placement of the starter.

Anyway, I need to get a new one of these, but I figure I should know what to ask for. I did some searching, but couldn't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that diagram in my searches. The part is not in it, BUT it poi ts to it.

The vacuum line out of the rotary valve assembly points to E-2. That is the part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wrong end of the manifold.

It's the E-2 in the upper left of the first diagram. I didn't notice that there were two E-2's.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a link to that page?

The vacuum line literally comes out of that part on the rotaty valve assembly (the cylindical can-like part) and connects to the part I'm talking about, but that part is not shown on the diagram. The arrow from the little port is where the vaccuum line connects.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts