Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son came back to his car and found the rear window door glass broken. I have a replacement and have removed the broken pieces and the two bolts holding the window. I cannot figure out how to get the glass into the door and don't want to break it by forcing. Is there any guidance? Videos maybe?

Do I removed the window seals? then how to get them back in?

Lost on this one and need help.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
Assuming all the interior trim is removed
Had to do it once on another car. We tipped the window up on its edge, sliding it in with the regulator down then rotated the other edge in, while raising the regulator. Check You tube for tips, cos it ain't easy, and there may be better ways to do it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to slide it in on one side (Top of glass facing front of car) but became concerned about having to force it in. There is a bow to the window so it did not want to go.

Maybe if I remove the outer rubber seal but do not know if it snaps out or requires a trick or special tool.

Any links to a you tube video? I tried many but they all were on replacing the regulator.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Was not sure of which way to go when I saw previous comments (on another thread) about turning the window sideways and sliding it in. Removing the little window was what worked. It took a couple of tries getting everything back together. Assembly order was hit and miss.

Your guidance is appreciated. Window is in an fits well. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts