Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2004 CRV in to have the coolant changed after 11 years. The dealer said the windshield washer doesn't work, wants $134 to diagnose why. Is there information on the internet to help me troubleshoot? By the way, the windshield wiper works so it is not a fuse problem. Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
806 Posts
I guess it really doesn't matter, but is it the front or back, or both? Maybe look for a connection in the hose that needs to be reattached. Knew someone that had a 4Runner and the rear sprayer didn't work for a long time. It was a bad tubing connection under the hood.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Definitely check the washer pump - it could be running off a different fuse, bad connection to the pump or bad pump motor. I am almost certain the pump is a separate replaceable part (pump runs ~ $20 on internet, whole assembly with reservoir ~ $50). If you have a voltmeter or 12v test light, see if the pump is getting power (I believe the pump voltage polarity determines front or rear spray). If the motor runs, check the tubing as suggested above - I've also seen the fluid tubes come off before.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,742 Posts
The reservoir and pump can be accessed by removing the left front wheel, then removing the fender inner liner.

At one time there was a YouTube video showing this, but it was taken down...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to troubleshoot the washer today so I flipped the switch and guess what, my windshield is all wet. I'm thinking the dealer's mechanic didn't read the manual or more likely they wanted to ripoff an old senior citizen. I'm going to complain. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Banned
806 Posts
I was going to troubleshoot the washer today so I flipped the switch and guess what, my windshield is all wet. I'm thinking the dealer's mechanic didn't read the manual or more likely they wanted to ripoff an old senior citizen. I'm going to complain. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Glad you figured it out. This is the exact reason why I have learned to fix everything myself and don't trust anyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts