Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell us, or refer to the programming procedure you used.

Meanwhile, I'll move your inquiry to the Gen4 specific area for a better response. :giggle:
Thanks for responding. My son put the key in the ignition all doors unlocked, turned the key to the on position and pressed lock and repeated this step 4 times. We tried this at different intervals probably around 20 times. By different intervals, I mean we tried waiting a second before each action and sometimes, not waiting so long to no avail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, curious as the relearn procedure used and why??

Relearn not normally needed
My son put the key in the ignition all doors unlocked, turned the key to the on position and pressed lock and repeated this step 4 times. We tried this at different intervals probably around 20 times. By different intervals, I mean we tried waiting a second before each action and sometimes, not waiting so long to no avail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fobs do not get reprogrammed, but do need good voltage batteries. The red light is not necessarily an indication that the batteries are OK. When was the last time you replaced?
Thank you for responding. I changed the battery around a year or so ago @ a parts store (they actually replaced it for me as the battery is very small).

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,191 Posts
@Rosalin,

I never heard of that procedure. Agreed, just batteries replacement does NOT require any other actions.

If you don't get an answer I'd suggest asking a Locksmith local to you. They would be cheaper than going to a dealer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
From the manual...
Smart Entry Remote Battery Strength*
If the battery life in your remote transmitter is weak, a message appears in the
display with information on how to start the engine.
1. Touch the back of the remote transmitter to the
ENGINE START/STOP button while the indicator is
flashing.
2. With the brake pedal pressed, press the ENGINE
START/STOP button within 10 seconds

On another vehicle I own, the manual states to change to battery annually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts