Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched online and on the forum, I can't seem to find any kind of info for this.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
895 Posts
If I’m not mistaken it slides apart right ahead of that bearing, then take the bearing loose and slide it off the shaft. Not sure if you will have to drop both ends of the shaft, or just the front.

·
Administrator
3,340 Posts
If there are splines on the shaft, do not separate at the splines. Its balanced when fully assembled.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'll feel real stupid if that's how it comes apart.
It's off of the vehicle now, will try this evening once I get back home. Thanks

·
Registered
895 Posts
The service manual doesn't detail how they come apart. They want you to replace the whole thing as an assembly. If it is like any other driveshaft, it slides apart in the center near the bearing. I think on the front side of these, so you will have to take it off of the transmission. Mark the shaft and flange before you take if off. Mark the two halves of the shaft so you can put it back together like it was to avoid any balancing problems.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,154 Posts
Why do you need to replace the bearing? I've hear of u-joints failing and causing vibration, but the only issues with the center bearing are a result of not supporting it during driveshaft removal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My original driveshaft had a ujoint that blew up. On the replacement driveshaft I picked up, the rubber bushing around the center bearing is separating from the bracket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts