Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2009 crv re4 jus wondering any advice or suggestion / quick bolt on how to give me a few extra horses.. no forced induction ..jus simple bolt ons maybe .. k24 engine

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Nothing out there, unless you want to do a full custom build with turbo or supercharger. (Only the Civic and Integra/RSX, and an Accord or two, had performance options for the K24.) Even an engine swap to a more powerful K24 won't work without a lot of effort since the ECU won't match.

Avoid those K&N air filters--they allow more air in, but also allow more dirt particles into the engine. Even a cat-back exhaust won't improve anything noticeably. Better to just buy something with more horsepower.

Reactions: Kazoo2U

·
Registered
65 Posts
Down shifting into a lower gear may get the engine to rev higher and give some extra pull in some situations. I know my 2016 with the CVT gets up and goes noticeably better if I put it into the S for sport mode that selects a ratio from the CVT that makes the engine rev faster.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If your K24 has the variable intake valve system like my 2016 K24 does ( and it probably does, but I have not specifically checked if the 2009 version of that engine has it ) then the variable intake valve kicks in at around 4800 RPMs. So you have to get the RPMs up above 4800 to get that extra power from it. Honda makes great engines and they can handle the high end of the RPM scale below the red line area. Just keep it below the red.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts