Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the computer on my new 2018 CR-V EX-L can be hacked for "personal" options? I would like to alter the driver's seat position system to remain disabled until "butt is in seat". When I get ready to depart the vehicle, I like to move the seat all the way back to make it easier to de-plane.. The problem is that when returning to the vehicle for departure, the seat moves all the way into the memorized position for the driver currently possessing the key fob. I want the seat to remain in the rear most position until my "butt is actually in the seat. Could this be a simple computer "adjustment" or would this require a new model or engineering re-design?

Enquiring minds would like to know.

CKM

·
Registered
833 Posts
Does anyone know if the computer on my new 2018 CR-V EX-L can be hacked for "personal" options? I would like to alter the driver's seat position system to remain disabled until "butt is in seat". When I get ready to depart the vehicle, I like to move the seat all the way back to make it easier to de-plane.. The problem is that when returning to the vehicle for departure, the seat moves all the way into the memorized position for the driver currently possessing the key fob. I want the seat to remain in the rear most position until my "butt is actually in the seat. Could this be a simple computer "adjustment" or would this require a new model or engineering re-design?

Enquiring minds would like to know.

CKM
I heard of some hobby work some folks are doing to try and decode the body can bus but it's far from making progress to the point of adding features.

The closest thing I've seen is an Asian device you plug into the drivers lock system inside the door to close the windows and sunroof (and turn the mirrors in... it's Asian) every time the door is locked.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not 100% sure and don't have the car availble to check right now, but can't this function be unlinked from the key fob in the menu seetings?
From the manual, in the menu select 'Vehicle-->Driving Position Setup-->Memory Position Link'. If this works the same way it did in another car (not a Honda) I used to own, it unlinks the seat position from the fob so it doesn't matter which fob you pick up on the way to the car. Meaning if you move the seat when you get out, it won't move again until you press the memory position button on the door. No hack needed, just a selectable option.
If this works, and you are the only regular driver, in theory you could press memory 1 to drive, and memory 2 to get in or out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You,my good man, have made my day. You are indeed correct. I went out there and checked the menu settings and it works as you described. Since I am the only driver, I have "1" set for drive and the "2" set for "depart vehicle".
Thanks for you very enlightening response.

·
Registered
743 Posts
One other thought:

IF (big IF) you are the only driver then set the fob you usually use (fob #1 for example) to 'all the way back,' then after you get into the vehicle move the seat to where you prefer it and program it to #2 on the door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You,my good man, have made my day. You are indeed correct. I went out there and checked the menu settings and it works as you described. Since I am the only driver, I have "1" set for drive and the "2" set for "depart vehicle".
Thanks for you very enlightening response.
Happy to be able to help out :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts