Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was going to completely replace my cars housing but decided against it due to the advice from a local shop that said Minnesota's harsh weather usually makes aftermarket lights fog up/condensate, etc...

So now I just need advice, what is the best HID kit for the Honda CR-V 2014 LX. Does this one look good? http://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-Bi-Xenon-Hi-Lo-Dual-Beam-8000K-35W-Light-Blue-HIKARU-Canbus-HID-XENON-KIT-/381699171117?fits=Year:2014|Make:Honda|Model:CR-V&hash=item58df0b232d:g:o3YAAOSwsB9V9Lad&vxp=mtr

Also, the 'day time running light' on these CRV's is not actually a real DRL is it? It's just the low beam dimmed out right? Will I loose this functionality with a HID kit?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Unless you can find a DOT approved HID kit for legally designed for the open road, not just "off road" or "show" use only, dont do it. It blinds other drivers.

Look into a projector retro fit please.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhhh... How does this answer my question and why are you telling me I should do a retrofit when I just said I decided against it due to weather.

Please explain your reasoning here?

Also there is no such thing as a DOT approved HID kit.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Im not helping with the DRL issue as I wont help someone put just an HID kit into their vehicle, period. They are blinding to other driver and illegal.

And your right, there isnt a DOT approved set for using on the "open road" where you plan to use them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts