Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2002 Honda CRV in to have the error codes read and got the following codes:

1. Fuel Mix
2. Idle Air Control
3. PCV Air Leakage
4. OT2 Slow
5. S1 Lean
6. S2 High Voltage
7. S2 Slow
8. S2 Misfire
9. S3 Misfire
10. S4 Misfire
11. TRQ Converter
12. Shift Control

Symptoms:
at take off from stop it stutters. Replaced the PCV valve even though it was getting good suction. Also note that the valve I replaced was plastic and haven’t seen another plastic one anywhere.
So what do I do now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
What were the actual codes?
Yeah, this list looks a little odd to me. Can you trust the mechanic who gave you this list. If you take the PCV error code, I am questioning the validity of that one as PCV does not have a sensor and an air leak would just look like a vacuum leak. I think a pro would give you an actual list of codes read by their scanner. Without that I would go to a different mechanic.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Agree with the two responses above, the list of codes is not very helpful because it is not in a familiar format. The descriptions looks like engine performance codes, I.e. ecm/ pcm codes which should be in a format like: PXXXX, where the X’s are numbers (like P0134). Once you have these codes, cross reference with service manual information is needed to develop a plan for diagnosis. Otherwise, you can just change parts, which is fun, and sometimes works.

When you get the actual code numbers, it would also be nice to know if are all the codes active, or are some of them old, or pending?

the pcv in my 03 crv is metal. There are pcv valves that are made of plastic. My ford transit is plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts