Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week while driving the CRV I noticed that the right outside mirror had a crack in it. My guess is that a landscapper might have hit it with a weed wacker or maybe some flying debris from the weed wacker hit it. Since my vehicle is new (2018 CRV AWD Touring), I'd like to fix this.
The Honda part number appears to be: 76203-TLA-A31 - Mirror Sub-Assy., R. (R1000) (Heated)
Can anyone tell me what's involved in replacing this mirror or point me to some instructions? I thought I'd try and ask here first before I purchase a subscription to ServiceExpress.
I wish I could just purchase a shop manual like I have for my other vehicles.
TIA

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
when you get the new Mirror look at the tabs locking directions and you'll know your answer Pull. done in 3 seconds.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, just realized that I never replaced my right side heated mirror. Did a quick search on YouTube, but couldn't find a video with the information for a generation 5 CR-V. Can someone point me to a document or a video that accurately and clearly describes the procedure? Maybe someone can forward me the service manual information (I'm frugal)? If all else fails, I'll just suck it up and purchase the one day subscription to Honda Service Express.
TIA

Not a fan of the new interface. I can't even figure out how to perform an advanced search.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
135 Posts
you can follow these - I haven't tried it yet since having mine get hit by a passing car who was running a red light but from what I've gathered the method should be the same for ours.

anyways when you do get it done, let us know if anything was different from the videos.

the brute force method

this one is slightly different and uses less force

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
guessed it was to easy a year later no op update

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had to replace the one in my wife's 2010 a few years ago after she had an encounter with the side of the garage and it was fairly easy. You need to pull the inside panel off the door to access it. There are 3 bolts that hold it on as well as a wiring harness that unplugs.I would assume that it would be about the same with yours.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guessed it was to easy a year later no op update
Finally got around to replacing the passenger side mirror (76203-TLA-A31). I couldn't find any specific YouTube video for removing the mirror on a Generation 5 CRV, but I figured it couldn't be that much different from some of the other videos I watched.
This video seemed to give the best overall information:

Unfortunately, the installation didn't go smoothly. I now have another issue. The mirror articulates up and down, but not left and right. I believe one of the little plastic white "push-pins" with the rubber cover is damaged. I think there isn't enough friction on the plastic pin to engage with the servo assembly that causes the left & right movement. From reading the comments on the video, this particular part is not available and only comes with a complete side mirror assembly.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the mirror not articulating properly bothered me. I took the mirror off to investigate. I noticed that a metal ring that holds the small plastic arms in position for one of the push-pins was not installed properly. It probably popped off when I first took off the original mirror. I re-positioned the metal ring, re-installed the mirror and now everything works properly. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures to visually show what I am talking about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts