Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here. I am a longterm Honda Civic sedan leasee, ready for a 2016. However, my wife has a bio-mechanical issue that would be better served by a higher-off-the-ground passenger seat. My thought is to consider the 2WD CRV.
I called Honda Customer Service but they were unable to help. Hoping someone here can. What I need is the dimension from ground to seat cushion for the 2016 2WD CRV LX. And - hopefully - that same dimension for a 2016
Civic sedan. Can you help? Thanks.

DSRTDWELR
Tucson, AZ

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The best thing to do is to actually sit in the CRV so you will know for sure if the seat height is right for you.

I owned and drove Honda Accords since 1996. I was looking for a model that was easier to get in and out of. Tried out a new '15 CRV and it was and is exactly what I needed. It truly is a joy to drive.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
If you have been partial to the Civic in the past, may want to look at the HR-V as well as the CR-V. It is also higher than the cars and what Im putting my mother into after the up coming redesign. Should be out by late summer or early fall from reports online. She currently has an 09 Civic.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. I am a longterm Honda Civic sedan leasee, ready for a 2016. However, my wife has a bio-mechanical issue that would be better served by a higher-off-the-ground passenger seat. My thought is to consider the 2WD CRV.
I called Honda Customer Service but they were unable to help. Hoping someone here can. What I need is the dimension from ground to seat cushion for the 2016 2WD CRV LX. And - hopefully - that same dimension for a 2016
Civic sedan. Can you help? Thanks.

DSRTDWELR
Tucson, AZ
On my 2014 EX AWD with stock 17" rims, the front passenger seat cushion top is 27" off the ground. I think a 2016 LX has 16" stock rims. So the seat height can be anywhere between 26" - 27". As someone suggested it is best to try at a dealership because the door opening, angle of entry etc can also make a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts